Nano reed 10g protein skimmers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigtank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any thoughts on needing one? What type ? Can I get a small one that can go outside the tank? I have a biocube skimmer in the tank right now but it is an eye sore.

Attachments

• image-1923365888.jpg
    image-1923365888.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 133
If youre doing your water changes and not overfeeding you should be fine without a skimmer. Are you having any issues with algae or water readings?

Thanks Chief I love your 75 g cichlid tank. How many tanks do you have? I really like the led lighting you have.

It looks like you have a stock flourescent bulb setup, that could be the reason your frags arent growing. What is the lighting by the way?

Mushroom and leather frags. With two 8" coral life 50/50 bulbs. And I have a moon light that comes on an hour before lights out and stays on till dawn.

The moon lights do nothing for the corals, they are just there so you can see into the tank at night. :)

Not sure how much growth you will get with those lights. Have you checked out fish need it;lights; food;Sponge ? They have 4 bulb lights for a very reasonable price.

Do you think 20,000k daylight plus true actinic bluelight is enough for a ten gallon tank? I use the moon light to replicate the lunar cycle for the clown fish but I have heard that some coral respond to a lunar cycle for twilight feeding.

Back
Top Bottom