Nano reed fish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craigj247

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I need help... I recently purchased a 9 gal nano tank and just introduced the fish in yesterday after a two week cycle period... My tank is equipped with skimmer, uv, bio filtration etc. I introduced a pair of clown fish, a pair of blue damsels and a pair of gobby. I also have a bulb anemone and a carpet anemone. MY ISSUE IS THAT ALL MY FISH ARE FIGHTING... not with the other species but their own kind... Is there anything I can try cause I am scared that they might fight to the death? Do you normally have just one fish per species in nano tanks due to the space?

The reason they are fighting is bc there are waaaaay too many fish in that size tank. You should only have one fish...or two (and that's pushing it) in a tank that small.

I'd take everything back except one goby. Get a pisto shrimp and a cool looking CUC. Maybe a few months later add a firefish but that's it

Oh crap... That's what happens when an aquarium does not give you proper advise... Thanks guys.... I love fire fish but the aquarium dude said that they are hard to rear and kinda suggested the fish I have now... Are the actually hard and what about coris?

Firefish goby?? I heard they were great beginner fish. I have a 10gal nano with the following :

One tiger pistol shrimp
One wheelers goby
Two red leg hermits
One astrea snail

I'm planning on getting a firefish in the near future and maxing out there fish wise. I'll get another snail or two as well.

I would definitely not get a sensitive fish for mine since it's my first SW! do some more research and don't listen to your fish store they apparently don't know what they are talking about

Yup won't look to them for advise... Better off posting any questions I have over here... Thanks a bunch

Back
Top Bottom