Nano reef Protein skimmer help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I had a look at those two however I don't think either will fit :( I think I'm going to have to go for an external hang on skimmer do you know of any smalles sized ones? Or maybe a smaller external under tank skimmer ??

The biocube skimmers have a bad reputation. I would stay away from them. I agree with Carey that you really dont need one. Alot of people buy a media basket and grow chaeto in the second chamber instead

I have the media baskets and fuge in my back compartment in my cube. So far so good. Nitrates are staying low for now. A good solid weekly water change should take the place of a skimmer.

The bio cube skimmer is also run by airstones which I hear gets quite expensive over the long run and as mentioned most people don't like them.

Why not try it without a protein skimmer at all? Many people have lots of luck. Just don't go crazy with your feedings and keep up with regular water changes.

Back
Top Bottom