Nano wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvsfx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are there any type of reef safe wrasse thaf can be kept in a nano tank, it is relativly small (10 gallons) so I will be only keeping a single specimen. Ive housed a blue velvet damsel and pixey hawkfish together in my tank before and they actully seemed to do great but since then i gifted my hawkfish to a friend and my damsel is getting pretty massive so im just looking for a single fish I can love and this family of fish seems to have some really eye catching members. Any information appreciated as always :) thx and good day

Definitely take out the damsel so that it wouldn't harm a new tank inhabitant (especially with the limited territory and the given nature they have). Not many choices as far as wrasses.

The only ones I know of that will be okay in a 10 gallon:
-Tanaka's Pygmy
-White banded Possum
-Pink-streaked
-yellow banded possum

You could get a goby or two...most stay small and are pretty vibrant in color and active. I'd recommend a hector's goby...love watching mine :)

Yea typhoon (the damsel) will have to find a new home I had him since he was a baby now he is nearing if not 3inches in size, funny my old hawkfish was about 1/3 his body sized and caused far more problems for me well my ornamental crabs and shrimp :/ but thank you I will read up on the fish you have listed, im really being drawn to a Filamented Flasher wrasse, they look so gorgeous and recommended for 20gallons which does not seem like much of a stretch if im housing just one in my 10, and yea haha I was just reading and every species pretty much recommends tightly fitting lid' my lights cover the entire top so not a problem :p

Back
Top Bottom