Nanocube Setup - PT 2. Fish Reccommendations...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hangzen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Now that my 12 gallon tank seems to be cycled properly (thanks to you folks), I would like to get some suggestions about giving our perc. clown some friends.

This is a 'fish-only' aquarium. No LR or Coral. Just some artificial do-dads for the fish to hide in. I do however have about 1" of Sand on the bottom that I would like to keep clean.

My thoughts were:

Perc. Clownfish (Existing)
Domino Damsel
Either a hermit crab or cleaner shrimp (something for tank maint. and fun)
and a couple more fish (this is where I need some suggestions).

I think 4 fish and a bottom creature should be more than enough for this setup.

Advice on some friends? How should I introduce them? At what intervals?

TIA

HZ

I think 4 fish and a bottom creature should be more than enough for this setup.

Most people would say that 4 fish in a 12g is way overstocked. Two fish and some inverts would be good. With a small marine tank, keeping the bioload as low as possible is a good idea. If you really want 4 fish, get a bigger tank IMO :)

Agreed. 2 Fish max for the nano. If you put more in you more than likely will just kill them. Especially with no LR. to help with the filtration. :wink:

I think its too much. I wouldn't put more than three fish in a 12gal, and even then you'll have to do weekly water changes. If you really want a third fish you should get one that will stay near the bottom like a blenny or goby.
Bi-color blenny
or
Midas blenny
or
Watchman goby
or
Neon goby
or
Gold-line goby (really cool looking).

Also for a bottom creature you could get a scarlet hermit, and some turbo, or Nassarius snails.
Acclimate fish and inverts separately. Only add one fish every month, or two every two months.

I would'nt put a damsel with the clown thoe and i would loose the inverts and get a third fish unless you really like them maybe a picaso trigger (small)

Back
Top Bottom