nanocustoms tank (w/pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to provide some info on my www.nanocustoms.com 12gal cube. I ordered it last week and got it today. Looks great! Very impressed with the lighting and variable speed fans. I must say the customer service was top notch. I had one issue (they forgot to do the overflow mod, that skims the surface). It is basiclly some slats made in the plastic above the intake. They apologized and are going to send me the tool they use to do it myself. Hopefully it will go well. If so, i'll post some pics and would be willing so send the tool to anyone out there who would like to use it.

I'll get her setup this weekend and will be ready for my LR.com order to arrive on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait.

82 watts of light!
img_328956_0_c7021ae5416f811b59e4e25a414c73fe.jpg

PH behind intake (rio90 & 50). Saw this on another post. the guy says it actually helps the water to flow in the filter area by pulling water in there and creating a "vortex" kind of. Most water is pulled into the filtration area and not returned to the tank. Looks clean, so i'm going to try it and see.
img_328956_1_efc0a2aaa24e6d3316d2ae89997f79d8.jpg

Jim

Lando, what are your thoughts on the overflow mod. Here's a pic (lower right). I think it would be effective, but not sure.

If it is and is simple to do (and looks clean/neat) would you like me to send you the tool to create it?

img_328963_0_de813e24b11c041f9c70f8d8210ff747.jpg

Jim

I have read about that overflow mod over at nanoreefs forum. It does make sense, you will have to let me know how it works. I guess it is just suppose to increase the surface skimming. Let me know how the tool works. I have read to use a Dremel tool but I do not want to do that with a tank that is up and running.

Back
Top Bottom