Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know the best fish food for them. And I'm not understanding, I have to feed the coral I get or does it depend on the type! And how do u feed them?

Whether u need to feed it depends on coral type. Sun corals must be fed. What type you have? You should vary the diet of the fish. Fish don't eat the same thing every day in the wild. I rotate mysis, sinking pellets, flakes, cyclopeeze, chopped scallops, bloodworms, brine. Occasionally chop raw shrimp give them that too.

Wow really I had no clue, and I didn't see much about feeding in reading. I'm new to saltwater and don't have corals yet just two clowns. Really want torch and the normal beginner stuff mush, zoa, ect

You can make your own food too by buying clams, shrimp, squid, etc. and putting it in a food processor and freeze it. BAM! Instant food that fish will love at the fraction of the price :D

Well zoas, montipora, chalice corals won't need to be fed. Trumpets, favia and hammers will benefit from the occasional piece of mysis or other small food, but not absolutely required. I would avoid sun corals for the time being- they require being fed every few days, which adds extra nutrients to water, if not careful can contribute to algae and cyano.

May be a stupid question but right now I have my blue on from 7am to 7pm, my 10k on from 8am to 6pm and I have my moon led on till I go to bed(10 or 11) then nothing. Should I leave the led on overnite???? And is my lighting cycle ok???

I got a fire shimp today. When I target fed my acan the shrimp ran up and ate right out of the acan. Will this hurt or even kill the acan? And what can I do to prevent this? ( feed shrimp right before coral feed)?

Yep, shrimp and fish will steal food from slower eating corals. Cut a soda bottle in half (either 12oz or 2L size, depending on size of the coral), keep the end that has the spout. Put that end over the coral with spout up. Use a turkey Baster to put food on the coral head through the spout and then leave bottle there till the coral finishes eating, then remove bottle. Only very small fish will be able to snark in the opening and steal food. I have a few so that I can feed the corals all at once. :)

Nice it's little ideas like that make this awesome. Like the other day, I don't have a second heater to warm up water for water changes so I used hot tap water in sealed bottles and put them in the water till it was the right temp! Thanks for answering!

Two questions. One how do I control stomatella snails cause they seem to be getting out of control. And two my gsp is not looking so hot and has what looks like green algae (fuzzy looking). Should I just get rid of it all or cut a good piece off

All my fish have died except my yellow nose goby. My tank is a year old and was doing awesome. I think my fish got ich or velvet or something worse. I didn't have a qt tank and I introduced a new fish and emerald crab due to alot of bubble algae and thick red hair algae. How many weeks or months should I wait until I can get new fish? Goby seems fine, I read most are immune? I was gonna set a qt tank and copper treat the sick fish but they died in a matter of days and I have been working alot. I have inverts/corals in my tank and they seem great. Any info would be great.

Back
Top Bottom