Neon goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
How much would a neon goby affect a 14 gallon tanks bioload? I already have two clowns, but have seen these at my LFS and they look pretty cool and are very small. I am thinking about getting one if not.

Go for it easily I'd say. Great fish IMO. Even better, try to find a mated pair. 2 of them together, might be an inch and a half. You know they are cleaners too, right. You might see them hitching a ride on your clowns from time to time.

Got good nitrate readings, right?

Yea nitrate ranges from 0-5 depending if I can do a water change once a week. I never go more than 10 days without changing two gallons. And yes thats one of the awesome things I have read about them :p As for mated pairs are they like clowns? If they are young do they become a mated pair as they age? Or is there some other way to determine that?

I was lucky enuf to find an LFS that had 5 of them in one tank. I bought 2 blue ones from that tank and another yellow one from another tank for my 155g figuring there was enuf room for all and they'd work it out. Well, the blue and yellow become became the pair and the other blue one disappeared. So no, if they are not mated from the beginning, from my experience, one will likely disappear unless you're lucky enuf to get a male and female.

No problem having one for you at all. My yellow would try to clean my arm too.

Attachments

• feb09 cleaner gobies.jpg
    feb09 cleaner gobies.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 89
Wow the yellow and blue look awesome together! I might have to go for two haha. Now as for quarantining these guys before introducing them...I never had to do this before because I have only gotten fish once. I have a small 5 gallon tank, a filter, heater and some ornaments from an old freshwater tank. I know it isn't cycled so I was wondering if I could just put the filter cartridge from my biocube and put it in the filter I have for the quarantine. It wouldn't fit perfect, but it seems to me like the only way I could establish the tank being that I cant get a HOB filter on my biocube. Also how long to quarantine? 6 weeks?

Yeah, definitely getting one of those neon gobies. Those lookin freakin sweeeet.

Back
Top Bottom