New 10G nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Test kit then light. Then you can start getting livestock like a CUC and a fish when you know the tank is cycled.

Yep, I would vote for the test kit too, you wont need lights for your cycle. :)

Have you dosed the tank or added a dead raw shrimp in yet for the ammonia source?

Yeah I used fish food for an ammonia source and the cycle should be done relatively soon because last time I checked I had very low ammo. No trites and 20 ppm of trates

Nice! As long as you saw an ammonia spike followed by nitrite readings you should be fine. :) I wouldnt add a boatload of critters at first though, the cycle was probably a light one so add your fish slowly. :)

Good luck! Almost time for fish!!

carey said:
Nice! As long as you saw an ammonia spike followed by nitrite readings you should be fine. :) I wouldnt add a boatload of critters at first though, the cycle was probably a light one so add your fish slowly. :)

Good luck! Almost time for fish!!

I know right dont the weeks during the cycle feel like the longest weeks of your life

Picked up an API Saltwater Master Test Kit today and everything checks out yessssss!!!! :

Ph 7.8
Ammonia 0.0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm

Doing 20% PWC to get this last trates down and then it is time for fish!!!!!!!!

Pufferlove said:
Going to get a yellow clown goby and something else idk? Suggestions?

Orange lined cardinals are pretty. If you have dark background, a white blenny would set that off nicely. Firefish are colorful. Those do well in a 10g.

I'd say one fish should be about it if you plan on having any inverts. A 10 with one fish and lots of inverts can look nicer than a 10 with 2 fish. It's really up to you, though.

Can't wait to see a pic of your tank once your new lights are in!

CorallineAlgae said:
I'd say one fish should be about it if you plan on having any inverts. A 10 with one fish and lots of inverts can look nicer than a 10 with 2 fish. It's really up to you, though.

Can't wait to see a pic of your tank once your new lights are in!

I know can't wait for those lights!!! Should be here by tomorrow if everything goes well

Here are the pics

Attachments

• image-392456781.jpg
    image-392456781.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 176
  • image-1955757837.jpg
    image-1955757837.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 164
Only one piece though cuz I don't exactly have much money I mow our neighbors lawn for 20$ a week but it seems to be working so far :)

Pufferlove said:
Only one piece though cuz I don't exactly have much money I mow our neighbors lawn for 20$ a week but it seems to be working so far :)

I hear ya on the money issue! Just keep mowing that yard! Maybe you could find another neighbor's yard to mow too.

Back
Top Bottom