New 10G nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to tell from the photo... Can you describe what it looks like? Is it slimy? Hairy? Does it move off the sand easily if you swish the water just above it?

It doesn't really have a texture it is kinda just dusted on there and it will come right off the sand if I swish the water

Looks like diatoms to me. They must be feeding off of silicates in your water, is your tank new or just cycled?

Pufferlove said:
Cycled last week do yeah probably diatoms any way to get rid of them or should I leave them be

Diatoms will go away once the silicates go away. I have some too. I have pool filter sand so I imagine mine will take awhile to go away since PFS is a silicate sand.

Hey i looked really close at the LR and it has some hair algae growing on it the same color of the diatoms :( ps: I poisoned those aiptasia good :)

What's this??? Looks like mini pine trees almost some type of algae

Attachments

• image-992380969.jpg
    image-992380969.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 120
Masoniac said:
Will over run the tank

I love them! They're easy to control if they start to get out of hand. Some people treat them like a plant and just flush or compost the ones they can't sell or give away. A little isolated forest of them looks nice in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom