New 12g any advice ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiboblacuillere

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Its my new 12g fluval edge aquarium, for now i have 8.5 lbs of live rock im planning on 3more next week, 2snails now 2more next week, 2hermit crabs and 1more next week and my yellow tail damsel who looks pretty happy spying at me ive just gave him some shrimp and he was like crazy and fast as a nascar lol. Im planning on adding 2clownfish soon do you have any advice or comment just leave it any help is welcome !
Thk !

Attachments

• image-1230588500.jpg
    image-1230588500.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3024561114.jpg
    image-3024561114.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3624608923.jpg
    image-3624608923.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 96
I have the exact same tank

Hi

I have my tank since June 29 and I have the exact same tank. I have a yellow fin damsel, two clowns and I lost my goby a couple of weeks ago. I also lost a shrimp which I am now convinced is due to my poor cleaning regime. My phosphate and nitrate are high and I am on my second of three planned 50% water changes. I will get my water tested next week. If the numbers get better, I will be more comfortable in giving my advice. My tank has live rock and coral and overall it works well and is tons of fun (this is my first tank). My clean up crew is 3 crabs, one big 3 small snails and a serpant star fish on top of my shrimp.

Best of luck in your endeavors and let's stay in touch. The tank is perfect but not ideal for salt water.

Joe:fish2:

Nice! next week i will receive my osmosis machine (sry i dont remember the word :eek: ) the guy at my lfs told me its better for algae control since tap water have phosphate in it and algae love this. Today ive just check my parameters and everything was ok exect i have a little bit of ammonia but i think im over feeding lol -_- now i have my 2clowns (ocellaris) and they are always together, a yellowhead jawfish so funny and today i bought a lawnmower blenny lol. My blue collar team are 5 astrea snails, a blue leg hermit crab and 2 brittle star intruder lol they were in the live rock i bought ! All my fish are juvenile im planning on getting a biocube 29g or something in this range since my fish will grow up. In yout water change try to have osmosis water (my lfs sell at .75$ the gallon) and i think its best to leave it 3days to adjust. Im adding some buffer in it and some hagen water conditioner and hagen life cycle for bacteria it seem to do great
Good luck with your fish !

Back
Top Bottom