New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you like the intank baskets? I'm thinking about getting 2 for my tank

Fish are friends not food!

It's doing really well! Everyone is happy and content and the corals are doing great too, just need to add more haha :D my zoas are a bit mad because of the aptasia treatment. How's the 30 going?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's doing really well! Everyone is happy and content and the corals are doing great too, just need to add more haha :D my zoas are a bit mad because of the aptasia treatment. How's the 30 going?!?

Nice! It's good. Got a Sally light foot today.

Love hitchhikers lol. That's how I went from 2 Scarlet hermits to 4 lol.

My hermit molted two days ago...so strange, but glad he did't die! When I read up on it they said to leave the old crab there until the "new" one left it. Sometimes they eat their old body and it has good nutrients, but once they leave it to take it out.

My hermit molted two days ago...so strange, but glad he did't die! When I read up on it they said to leave the old crab there until the "new" one left it. Sometimes they eat their old body and it has good nutrients, but once they leave it to take it out.

Yep. Happens all the time. Especially where I work. Lol

Love hitchhikers lol. That's how I went from 2 Scarlet hermits to 4 lol.

Lol Dave, yea I looked down there and was like uhhh that's not right! They are great at moving sand and eating up anything down in the sand

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well at least you were smart enough to read on it sand dollar haha! I was immediately looking at my fish like okay who ate my crab lol :)

Well, this is all a learning experience and not one I'm sure I have the stomach for. Hermit totally tried/did overtake a snail tonight...thought he was going to pull him out of the shell but ended up crawling in with the remains. Poor snail... but also worried if the dead body is going to spike my tank. I just brought new shells home for the hermit after he morphed and he took one, not sure why he went after this guy :(

They molt when they grow- when they grow they need new shells. This is the way he found his new home. Good for him but the snail not so much

Yea exactly what 10gal said. I wouldn't worry about a spike though. A snail with not hurt your parameters. That crab probably ate the rest of the snail inside it's shell. I guess that would be the positive side to it :)

Little photo dump of the corals, doing great! Maybe find some new zoas tomorrow or something! ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408067302.579885.jpgbirdsnest
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408067320.058230.jpgzoas
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408067332.767375.jpgfrogspawn
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408067348.654559.jpghammers
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408067359.191537.jpgneed to get a small rock for the ric

Looking great!! Have you added or looked into adding any extra lighting? I'm looking at some kits but still so lost & terrified to gut the current hood. Do you know of any supplemental lighting you can add to what's already there? Did you get an LED for the extra plug? I know it won't do much in the way of helping corals but wondering if it helps the display/color.

Thanks 10gal and BigRed! I can't wait for that ric to finally split! ?

Sand dollar, as for the extra led slot, I put the white led bar in there. It gives the tank a cool moonlight effect when both the mini LEDs are on! But they don't give any extra benefits to coral, just looks :D the current hood and lighting are actually pretty good from what I was expecting. It handles all my current corals and the birdsnest surprisingly well! I wouldn't not do anything to the hood because I'm not electrical savy lol and I would rather save money to upgrade the whole tank in the future. If you are looking to upgrade the lighting, I would just remove the hood and you could do something with the kessil 150 and a gooseneck clamp on the back of the tank to give it more advanced lighting. BigRed, bribo or 10gal, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Sand dollar, as for the extra led slot, I put the white led bar in there. It gives the tank a cool moonlight effect when both the mini LEDs are on! But they don't give any extra benefits to coral, just looks :D the current hood and lighting are actually pretty good from what I was expecting. It handles all my current corals and the birdsnest surprisingly well! I wouldn't not do anything to the hood because I'm not electrical savy lol and I would rather save money to upgrade the whole tank in the future. If you are looking to upgrade the lighting, I would just remove the hood and you could do something with the kessil 150 and a gooseneck clamp on the back of the tank to give it more advanced lighting. BigRed, bribo or 10gal, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

You have stock lighting on the Biocube and you have a birdsnest in there? I'm not sure how long that will last...

I've had it for about a month now. I think it looks pretty good, growing branches and polyps are all out!

Back
Top Bottom