New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's going lol. I've been gone for 4 days so I'll see it tonight and update my thread. Yours is looking good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice nothing like a good mini vacation! And thanks I'm glad you think it's looking good :)

I wish it was vacation... I was helping my gf watch a 3 and 5 yr old...lol. Parenthood practice. But yeah definitely getting there :)

So not vacation lol, but hey always good things! That means mini tanks in the kids rooms haha

It was doing good but then it started to get some brown on it and the polyps started to not come out so I has to get rid of it ?

Look who decided to finally come out! Forgot to post a pick of when I got it!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410211829.219772.jpg

Figure I'd give an update on everything. It seems to be going great. I'm getting a good buildup of that great ol purple on the back of the tank :D just keep looking for good corals to color this up. So here's a mini photo dump :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410968388.965398.jpgtorch
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410968404.251338.jpgfrogspawn
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410968430.376592.jpgzoas and mr. anemone crab
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410968470.452262.jpggreen hairy mushroom
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410968494.004294.jpgfts

So I have what looks like gha on the sand bed, it was worse but I went dark for two days and did a water change and that seemed to kill it off. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

I have some popping up in mine too. I added phosguard and I'm cutting feeding and light period and increasing water changes. Also did a target attack with peroxide on one of my zoa frags I couldn't pull out because it wasn't opening all the way/getting strangled by it. Right now it seems localized on one rock, but I may go lights out a couple days if I start seeing a spread. I hate algae ? everything else is going so well.

So I have what looks like gha on the sand bed, it was worse but I went dark for two days and did a water change and that seemed to kill it off. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

What do you feed and how much/often? In general it comes down to finding/learning the balance between the nutrients you import and the nutrients you export. If your getting algae, your importing more than your filtration/maintenance can export.

Yea sand dollar it's a pain in the rear! BigRed I'm only feeding every other, to every two days. I had done two days dark but never did a water change after that. LFS said that could be the reason why is because the nutrients stayed in the tank and weren't exported.

Well I can only assume this is some sort of algae, again :(

How do I get rid of it? Any different then gha?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412903025.982018.jpg

Boy does that look familiar lol. Yup, cyano

+1 BigRed :)

Dang cyano again! Do you think maybe another power head in the other corner would help? Maybe my korelia 240 isn't doing it justice anymore?

Dang cyano again! Do you think maybe another power head in the other corner would help? Maybe my korelia 240 isn't doing it justice anymore?

Couldn't hurt, like Red said more flow will be a help for sure.

Okay I'll look into a new one. Got to get rid of it, it's becoming our new bff Dave lol!! :) How's it going there buddy!

Back
Top Bottom