New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there are no fish in the tank the ick will die off since there will be no host for it to feed on. I cant remember how long it takes for it to die out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If there are no fish in the tank the ick will die off since there will be no host for it to feed on. I cant remember how long it takes for it to die out though.

Okay thanks Cichlid-dude! I have two fish in there currently left but I will try and get them out to leave the tank fallow

Okay thanks Cichlid-dude! I have two fish in there currently left but I will try and get them out to leave the tank fallow

8-12 weeks fallow (inverts are fine), I would do a minimum of 10 if you can.

Nothing new to report, still can't get the firefish out so I'm just going to keep him in. He's not showing any signs of ich/whatever the clown had. The bta got irritated by a nassarius snail and ended up detaching. I moved him to the front of the rock so he seems happy there! The Duncan is finally growing a new head too!! BigRed made a good point the other day that a sweet LPS tank can look just as good as an SPS tank so I'm picking up a trachy from RainbowReefCoral on Thursday!

Here's the nems new spot

And the new growth on the Duncan!

Thanks everyone for following and the help on my questions!

Love that BTA!! Can't wait to see the trachy too :)

Thanks BigRed! :) I'm lucky I had some money aside for it, not allowed to by anything else until after our wedding the end of the year lol :( so I will be taking donations haha

Oh I know all about that :D. My secret is occasionally a game check from one of the sports I officiate won't quite make it into checking and magically turn into a frag :p

Did some moving around earlier yesterday and everything is where it needs to be and even the nem is nice and happy! :)

New guy is in and set the controller to acclimate for 8 days starting at 35%, I really like Kessil :D

So general question, we have a vacation coming up the end of April and will be gone from a Thursday night until Tuesday morning. My fiancé is not thrilled about an ATO due to the fear of something going wrong and water flooding everywhere. Do you think it will be bad if I just leave it for the 4ish days and if the salinity seems to be a little whack when I get home to slowly bring it back to normal? Suggestions and tips please!!

Should be fine depending on how much evaporation your tank experiences.
In terms of ato fears, if you limit the amount of water for an ato to draw from what is there to be afraid of? My 55 had a gallon of evaporation during winter months, so I give it a gallon every day and it does the rest. I've done larger containers but gallon jugs are quite convenient.

Going to San Antonio for 4 days! Got family down there. I don't think too much evap will occur because the heat in the house won't be on nor will the ceiling fan. The tunze ato for nano tanks looks really nice though, but if you guys think an ATO isn't necessary then I won't waste the money on the nano and get one when I upgrade

So after my experiment, I concluded that while on vacation I'd lose what seems like an inch and a half of water and my salinity is at 1.025. So two part question: a) is that acceptable to leave and b) can I just top it off now with rodi and not dilute anything or screw up the salinity?

Back
Top Bottom