new 29 gallon bio cube - any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themartins

Aquarium Advice Freak
This will be our first saltwater set up, so I have lots of questions. Any information and suggestions would be most helpful.

1.)Does anyone have the regular or the HQI Bio cube? - any info or suggestions about either of these?

2.)Are the Oceanic bio cube circulation pumps suffecient or should I get a couple of powerheads instead?

3.)Do you have any information on the use of the Oceanic uv sterilizer and/or protein skimmer?

4.) What could I stock in this size set up?

5.) Has anyone ordered live rock from: Welcome to International Marine Fish - Premium Live Rock

Thank you ahead of time for any help.

I use a sunpod over my 28 jbj.

You will need at least one if not two powerheads if you plan on having a reef tank.

Think using a skimmer and or a UV sterializer is a waste of money. You get better results doing water changes.

For stocking ideas I would chose 2 or 3 fish that I really like such as a midas blenny, royal gamma and clown fish. I tend to understock (I havae 4 small fish in my 55 and consider it fully stocked). Always put your most peaceful fish in first.

I usually get my rock off craigslist or local forums.

I have a 29g biocube as well. I run a koralia 425 and the stock output for water circulation. :)

I don't run the skimmer or a UV. I tried the skimmer and found it to be totally inadequate so I took it out and sold it off. lol

I just do weekly water changes of about 3-6 gallons and it keeps everything in check.

For stock I currently have 5 fish, that's a bit overstocked in my opinion though. Kinda depends on the fish you choose. A pair of clowns would be a great start though.

Back
Top Bottom