New inhabitants on the way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice it looks similar to mine. And yeah no reef is complete without a Duncan

I am loving it. I also seen a purple one on youtube....gonna see if my LFS can get one for me. Also going to see what they can get as far as duncan's go to. Have a feeling she is going to make a killing on me :ROFLMAO:

Those candy canes look awesome after you turn the lights all of the heads open up real nice!

Those candy canes look awesome after you turn the lights all of the heads open up real nice!

Yes they do, very happy with everything I got so far. The zoa's were finally starting to open up up also after moving them more to the front.

Yeah an zoas can be pretty finicky in IMO mine were open really good when I got them then a few colony's stopes opening for like a week but if they do that don't be discouraged they should open back up they are pretty cool coral!!

Geez everyone's having zoa problems and here I am with happy zoas and an angry acan :/

Yeah an zoas can be pretty finicky in IMO mine were open really good when I got them then a few colony's stopes opening for like a week but if they do that don't be discouraged they should open back up they are pretty cool coral!!

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Knowing me I would start worrying lol.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398391255.531161.jpg
Check out how much my Acan has grown it is starting to look pretty cool!

Ok finally got some pics of the newbies lol. Could get one of the Porcelain crab or Yellow Goby, both of them hiding still :lol:

Blue Snowflake
img_2928071_0_c15e39734ed003295cceb7354ef1238b.jpg

Candy Cane, little closed due to eating
img_2928071_1_ed246fa84444f945977c7d659a6228f5.jpg

Zoa's
img_2928071_2_454c2aaa24ce03291ed33085fbc45d0d.jpg

Hammer
img_2928071_3_2c8aacb58ce216a1a8109f3937c74eaa.jpg

Feather Duster
img_2928071_4_f0d6b0cdc74f318d17212cf0dcfb36ee.jpg

Also think I have a hitchhiker....can't tell if it is a bristle worm or a bristle star! It is hiding under one of my rocks and can't see the whole thing yet.

Think I may have lost my porcelain crab. Found its claw this morning but can't find him. :(

Don't get to worried there's a decent chance it's just a molt, keep your eyes open for the next few days as they hide until there new shell hardens.
Edit: it's is extremely common for them to molt after being added to a new system.

Oh I didn't know that. Ok, will keep my eyes open for him then. Got major worried when he was no longer on the rock and I seen that.

Thanks Red.

Don't get to worried there's a decent chance it's just a molt, keep your eyes open for the next few days as they hide until there new shell hardens.
Edit: it's is extremely common for them to molt after being added to a new system.

You were right Red :), I just went back to check the tank before bed and when I turned on the light in the room there he was sitting on one of the ricks at the bottom with his little fans out. I think he has a burrow under the rock as well because he started to go back in when he saw me but stopped. :lol:

I had a purple and he did nothing but hide. He was more cryptic than the Pom Pom crab I had lol. Good you didn't get a purple

Back
Top Bottom