New on the subject

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:fish2:I am acquiring a new tank at Thanksgiving and it is around 15 to 20 gallons. This will be my first experience with small tanks (my other saltwater tank is 60 gallons) and I was wondering if they are easier to take care of? Also what fish are recommended for such small tanks?

Small tanks are actually a little more difficult just because it's a smaller water volume to keep in check. When something goes bad, it goes bad quick lol. I have a 40g, a 29g, and a 14g. I definitely spend more time on the smaller tanks than the 40g. But I still think it's worth it :)

As far as fish...Nano Fish

If you get closer to a 20g, I would say you could have a clownfish as well.

Thanks I already have two young and small clownfish in my big tank and I did know if that would be ok since I heard you need at least a fourty gallon for a pair. Is it easier to keep vocals in a smaller tank or a bigger one? I have seen slot of small tanks with just beautiful corals.

clownfishy said:
Thanks I already have two young and small clownfish in my big tank and I did know if that would be ok since I heard you need at least a fourty gallon for a pair. Is it easier to keep vocals in a smaller tank or a bigger one? I have seen slot of small tanks with just beautiful corals.

2 Occelaris clownfish will do ok in a 20 gallon.

It doesn't matter what size a tank is with corals. You can add more corals to a bigger tank, but it is harder to position them to your liking. And lighting is cheaper for a smaller tank.

I am acquiring a new tank at Thanksgiving and it is around 15 to 20 gallons. This will be my first experience with small tanks (my other saltwater tank is 60 gallons) and I was wondering if they are easier to take care of? Also what fish are recommended for such small tanks?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom