new reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonesy99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone recommend a brand of nano reef for the beginner. And some suitable inhabitants please :)

A lot of people on here use BioCubes, which come in 14 gallons and 29 gallons. :) Which size you get would determine the fish you could stock with.

I personally am using a Kent bioreef which is brilliant so far! I removed all the fancy bio balls etc and just filled my chambers with live rubble. They are cheap too and got a gd review from practical fishkeeping magazine. I got pics of mine on my 24g reef thread here take a look :)

Gd luck

I have a 29g biocube and love it. i took out the bioballs as well and added a media rack and a fuge in that compartment. i haven't had a single issue with it and its been almost a year.

the nano cubes are pretty much the same as the biocube but has in my opinion better lighting options than the biocube does.

Haha :/ thanks bt when u say 29g, are u speakin of gallons?

Yes that is what it carey is saying. I like a cube for a beginning tank it is pretty easy to take care of. You can have things like leathers, zoas and some lps in a stock cube tank. Nano Soft Coral Pack if you upgrade to led or mh you can have sps. Remember the bigger the better and take your time do your research.

Two things you will want to check into and get is a refractometer and a liquid test kit.

For fish I like the goby and pistol shrimp combination they do well in anything over 10 gallons. Pistol Shrimp - Facts On The Fascinating Pistol Shrimp here is another site that helps when deciding to stock Nano Fish

Only bad things happen fast in saltwater and in a small tank they happen faster.

Back
Top Bottom