New skimmer for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Recently got a the aquatic PSE-1 protein skimmer/ uv sterilizer. While skimming its producing a lot of micro bubbles, are these bubbles bad for the fish and corals?

The protein skimmer uv light and filter are all one piece
Seems like the bubble trap isn't working very well though

I am torn as to whether or not a 30 gal. requires a skimmer or not. Everyone says they aren't necessary and I don't have 1 in my bio14. I bought an AquaC Remora for my 30 gal. and was very surprised by the amount of filth extracted by this skimmer

Crabs said:
I am torn as to whether or not a 30 gal. requires a skimmer or not. Everyone says they aren't necessary and I don't have 1 in my bio14. I bought an AquaC Remora for my 30 gal. and was very surprised by the amount of filth extracted by this skimmer
How much did you pay for that skimmer? And is it worth it? Im really frustrated with mine haha but want a skimmer still

Wasn't cheap. Seems like the good stuff in this hobby isn't. I don't buy into all the bells and whistle stuff. Don't know how long u had ur skimmer but there's a break in period. Mine took about 11/2 weeks to start producing

U asked if its worth it. I don't know. To hear some people say it isn't. I see the crud that's coming out of the tank and it looks to me like it's worth it. I'm looking to maintain pristine water through water changes, biological filtration as well as mechanical filtering. My corals seem to appreciate it. Who knows for sure?

Back
Top Bottom