new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You just have to play with it. If you had two tall islands you could point your 1200 across the tank at the top of the farthest rock pile. This way it defuses some up the power and doesnt move a ton of sand. My small 420 just keeps the detritus from building up behind the rocks where i cannot clean. My 1200 is placed lower in the tank up points up and into the corner. This way the water surface takes the initial blast. That way i dont have a bare spot in the bottom with no sand. It took a lot of different positions to find the sweet spot.
How many gallons is your tank?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My tank is only 13G.

So it's small.. Once I get my smaller one in I may just use that alone and see if I can work magic with it.

I have a 15g column. It's a pain to clean because I have the LR to close to the glass. It's doing well but... From Sunday to today I've had a major diatom bloom and my purple tip chondi has moved to the back of my tank. I guess that has to do with my FS led that I was running 8hrs of day and 8 of night. Maybe I need to rescape?? What do y'all think??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452796840.072833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How old is your tank? What are your feeding habits? I also wouldn't advise leaving the tank on at night if you're not going to be viewing it. Unless you have moon lights. The tank needs lights out time as well.

Are there plenty of hiding spots in your scape? What is your stock? Putting LR near glass will always be a pain to clean

Are the lights new to the tank? It is my understanding that a diatom bloom is caused by high levels of silica. Have you added sand or rock recently?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom