New tank just set it up cube 12 first saltwAter tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395006045.430955.jpg
Man ammonia is dropping fast it went from 8 ppm to .5 in about two days know nitrite is spiked and nitrate about 10-15 ppm

Looks like things are going great! Once you're out of ammonia, dose it again. Once you get it where the ammonia and nitrite are gone for 24 hours you are good to start adding fish.

Ok thx does the lfs sell the pure ammonia??

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395010516.164790.jpg
Here is my stand know have the light 12.5 in from top of water thx Bribo!!!

Ok awesome my plans as of right know is

Tail spot Blenny
Inverts
Coral

I might possibly have two fish but for know I just want one it's a small tank and I want him to have plenty of room. I can't find a tail spot Blenny around here so I'm just gonna order of live aquaria!!

Thx dingus I'm tryin to do as much research I can to make it good anything u guys see that could lead to a problem let me know thx!!!

Electric blue hermit would this be ok to put in my tank when cycle stabilizes?

Electric blue hermit would this be ok to put in my tank when cycle stabilizes?

Any inverts should be fine once it's cycled, besides those that need a well established food source (sand sifting stars, etc.)
Also as I'm sure you know don't all all your cuc at once, so a single hermit would be ok, as well as some snails.

Ok are emerald crabs ok with hermits and wat kind of snails would be good in my tank?

Emerald crabs are def not reef safe, and can be aggressive to other creatures as well. Maybe a few sexy shrimp though! Or possibly a cleaner...

Ok cool and u should wait a couple months before u get shrimp right??

I waited a little while... Not really necessary IMO if your params are stable and you are keeping up with all the daily maintenance.

Ok so wat all should u do each day right know I check my levels of ammonia ext each day and change the filter floss every other day what else should I get in routine of doing daily/weekly?

I can't list everything but if you google 'reef aquarium maintenance routine' you should find everything you need.

For now, just test ammo, nitrite, and nitrates (you can do them or as often or as infrequently as you want, so long long as you know what stage you're at.)

Back
Top Bottom