New tmc microhabitat 30 build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any corals that give a nice Red or orange glow?

Wizard4s said:

I have some bright orange zoas. I wouldn't call it a "glow" per se, but they're really orange!! :)

image-1686533192.jpg

Zoas, Mushrooms, LPS, SPS, Sea Fans lots of things can be red or orange. its just the matter of planning your corals before you ever buy any. In my nano I have every coral I want in it mapped out so that the colors will play off each other well and I dont end up with to much of the same color.

Is this mushroom coral about to split and make a new one?

image-1741983192.jpg

Here's a new update and pic of my tank, corals are looking nice now,sadly my clownfish died :( need to get a new fish, any ideas?

image-2816546747.jpg

Wizard4s said:
Here's a new update and pic of my tank, corals are looking nice now,sadly my clownfish died :( need to get a new fish, any ideas?

Sorry about your fish. :(

What other fish are currently on the tank?

None, the clown was my only fish :( had it for 2 years, the only livestock I have now is 3 turbo snails.

So 30l is about 8g, according to my converting app. :) that's gonna really limit the choices. Have you thought about a pistol/goby pair? Don't really swim around much, but cool to watch build and dig. Or if you don't want the pistol, then just a small goby. There are some really small blennies. Or a Firefish. Anything that would be happy in a 8g probably won't swim around lots.

Yeah I was looking at a rainsford goby which looks pretty cool, I'd love to get a manderin fish but tank really isn't big enough.

Wizard4s said:
Yeah I was looking at a rainsford goby which looks pretty cool, I'd love to get a manderin fish but tank really isn't big enough.

Rainsford are cute and stay out a lot, so that's a great option!! :) Mandarin usually starve to death unless they are trained to eat frozen.

In going down to my lfs tomorrow to have a look and see what they have got, I want a nice coral for the top of my tank too so I'll keep my eye out

Look what I bought home from my lfs today :) it's been feeding on frozen brine shrimp too which is a massive bonus! It's a type of dragonet or manderin, anyone know which species?

image-3324805496.jpg

image-2880668035.jpg

image-3865236856.jpg

Wizard4s said:
Look what I bought home from my lfs today :) it's been feeding on frozen brine shrimp too which is a massive bonus! It's a type of dragonet or manderin, anyone know which species?

Very cool!! It's a scooter blenny. Glad to hear he's eating frozen food! :) Its a type if dragonet.

Wizard4s said:

It's a scooter go to live aquaria and look for it under dragonet

I love it! I've always been put off as I know they can be hard to feed but it seems to be eating frozen brine shrimp nicely :)

Sadly my dragonet jumped out of my tank :( not having much luck with fish lately. Got a cool snail yesterday though a strawberry conch it's so funny to watch! Here's a pic

image-32720439.jpg

It's ok it happens, I've ordered some extra lid clips from Tmc which should solve the problem, I'll have to see what the fish shop has to offer at the weekend

Just bought a pearl tipped torch coral (top of pic) is it best to keep it at top of tank or somewhere else?

image-4197643579.jpg

Back
Top Bottom