New tmc microhabitat 30 build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard4s

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got my new 30 litre nano tank, comes with protein skimmer, digital heater, 12w Cree led lighting and powerhead, just taken 2 bits of live rock from my other marine aquarium, do you think I might need to out a little more in? Also in the rear chamber is just 2 bits of sponge, should I replace these? Thanks

image-3053592129.jpg

image-2518563447.jpg

image-1937515307.jpg

My mushroom coral and pulsing Xenia, need some more colour, can anyone recommend any bright corals that will be ok In this tank?

By sponge do you mean filter media or is it a reusable sponge that you just clean every week?

I like poly floss/filter floss etc. I just toss it when it gets dirty and replace.

You don't need a lot of live rock rubble in the back, a few pieces and your good.

As for color for your tank, what about green, purple, blue mushrooms? Maybe some ricordias? Tri color ones?

That will add color to the tank. Maybe a little mat of green star polyps?

Yeah it's just filter media, I was thinking of replacing it with filter floss and some phosphate remover. Star polyps would be good, I plan to get some more coral at the weekend so will update with some more pics then.

Wizard4s said:
Yeah it's just filter media, I was thinking of replacing it with filter floss and some phosphate remover. Star polyps would be good, I plan to get some more coral at the weekend so will update with some more pics then.

I'd do the filter media and look forward to some more pics.

So do you recommend I put a few live rock pieces in the rear chamber too?

Ok so should I put live rock in the bottom with filter floss on top?

Hi there is 3 chambers, chamber 1 is for protein skimmer, 2 is for filter media and 3 has heater and pump

Wizard4s said:
Hi there is 3 chambers, chamber 1 is for protein skimmer, 2 is for filter media and 3 has heater and pump

Ok so live rock rubble in chamber 2 just like my tank and you'll be good to go. You don't need much. A few pieces will work just find.

My new mushroom coral, you can't really see how green it glows under the blue light but it looks amazing

image-2409888482.jpg

A pic of my tmc microhabitat 30 tank under blue led lights

image-4121656970.jpg

I want some bright corals that will really glow under the blue lights, can anyone recommend any??

Zoa's are good and the give that glow under the blue. The green is what really comes out under blue lights.

Yeah I was thinking zoas, I don't think the lfs had any in last time I checked but will keep a look out.

Here's a pic of my clown fish hosting my new mushroom coral :)

image-3978762766.jpg

I'd look at zoas and possibly some lps corals. I have a hammer coral and flower pot coral which are a really fluorescent green coral, quite mesmerising lol.

Back
Top Bottom