New Wet Dry project / fuge???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanonick4710

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I picked a FREE wet dry my buddy had not being used and I am looking to put it into use. I would like to use it on my 24 aqua pod reef tank. I know this may be a little over kill but i think it is probably going to be a good thing to have. Anyways, what I am considering is def removing the bo balls. But what I am unsure of is if I should turn it more into a fuge with mangroves or somthing. I have extra lighting for somthing like this I just dont know for sure how to lay the tank out. I want to retain the use of the skimmer that is built into the tank. Any suggestions before I star building would be great! Thanks everyone for your help.

img_872302_0_545a4c45f23b87a8d3fd0e944cd89cd5.jpg

If it were me I would use it as a fuge for sure. The added nutrient export will help your tank a lot. I have a 72g tank with a 20g tall that is a dedicated fuge. Nature knows best!

I agree that converting it to a fuge is a great idea. Whatever you decide, get rid of the bioballs. I do not consider it over-kill at all. It could be a great addition to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom