(newbie) 10G Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hesus321

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I have wanted an aquarium for awhile and have finally decided to get it done. I live in a college dorm and the limit on tank size is 10G. So far, the only thing I have is the tank. I plan on having a goby/pistol shrimp combo and another yet undetermined fish (along with the CuC). I also want to have several different zoas and anything else that will fit. I realize I will be spending at least a couple hundred dollars on equipment alone. Knowing this, I do not want to buy top-of-the-line equipment, but I do not want equipment that will break down.

I would appreciate any advice on equipment set-ups and fish/coral to get. Thank you.

If you want to do this on a tight budget consider buying used. I have gotten some decent items used from forums and craigslist. Before I knew what SW was all about I passed up an excellent deal at a thrift store a 30 gallon long with about everything for $30. This site as some excellent tanks people have done on a budget Nano-Reef.com - The source for nano reef aquarium information

The best advice be patient.

Back
Top Bottom