Newbie: JBJ 12 gallon nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear that. I would try to let the tank balance itself out before you add anything else. Check your levels too. You may need to do a water change.

I was thinking about getting rid of some hermit crabs and emerald crabs.

What do you mean by balancing out?

You bioload is prob really high for that size tank. I wouldnt get rid of anything right away just wait for it to level itself out

ahoDMV said:
I was thinking about getting rid of some hermit crabs and emerald crabs.

What do you mean by balancing out?

Why would you get rid of the crab? It didnt kill the goby, the goby probably died and the crab just cleaned it up.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Why would you get rid of the crab? It didnt kill the goby, the goby probably died and the crab just cleaned it up.

+1 keep all your cuc

I have 3 hermits and 2 emeralds is that to much for the size tank? I have a few snails but majority of it died off. There are about 5 snails.

Plans are to wait a few months and re supply the tank with some more snails.

So I did a little rock moving again while i changed my water. Trying to make more holes for the fishes to swim through.

Attachments

• image-1543452567.jpg
    image-1543452567.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 113
ahoDMV said:
I have 3 hermits and 2 emeralds is that to much for the size tank? I have a few snails but majority of it died off. There are about 5 snails.

Plans are to wait a few months and re supply the tank with some more snails.

Your hermits may be fine if they are blue legged hermit crabs, but IMO, you need to ditch one of your emerald crabs. I had two in my 30g, and when my hairline issue got under control, it wasn't to soon until they got territorial over food. A few weeks later, they fought to the death. Just my experience.

I have some issues with some of my salt not dissolving in my jug. Is there anything I can do? And should I even use the water?

ahoDMV said:
I have some issues with some of my salt not dissolving in my jug. Is there anything I can do? And should I even use the water?

What are you using to mix it. I wouldn't use it if the salt didn't completely mix because you can get a spike plus you won't get an accurate salinity reading.

Hi DMV... Just found this thread. Great job so far... I loved reading of your progress. Are your clowns doing ok?

I'm DMV also... in Rockville. :)

I would try and mix another batch if you can and see if there is a difference.

I'm just finding this thread, so pardon me if I'm asking questions that were already answered. :) Are you using a heater to warm the water when you mix it in your jug? Warm water dissolves the salt much better.

22engine, I'll do that before I do my next water change. Thanks for the advice

Beengirl, I don't use a heater because when the put the pump in there to mix the salt, the temp. gets up to 78-79 degrees.

Just bought a coral frag earlier today. Just to try it out. Something small and not to expensive. Went with a 10 dollar watermelon zoa was what the guy told me it was called.

Attachments

• image-43627900.jpg
    image-43627900.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom