Newbie: JBJ 12 gallon nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your starting to produce nitrate that's good, I would wait one more day and then start with 10-15 percent. It literally a hurry up and wait game, but your getting close

I totally missed the date on that for some reason, do you have a more recent test?

Ok yeah then disregard, the last post and the one above apply :)

June 23rd parameters

Temp 80
NH3 .50
NO2 5.0
NO3 160

Also notice some brown stuff on the rocks. Is it good or bad?

Attachments

• image-812739217.jpg
    image-812739217.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 129
I believe that it is just your base rock becoming live. The base rock I have in my new 29 biocube is turning into that as well.

Oh I thought the white was a little base sorry. My base is that color. I've been going for six days and still no sign of the cycle yet

Brown stuff is algae and numbers are starting to look good. Your cuc will take care of the algae. How much of a water change did you do today?

That's good you have a total of 12? No sump or media filtration?

Yup a 12 gallon. I haves intank basket with Carbon on top a filter floss and the sponge it came with and ceramic rings.

I just did about a 2 gallon water change and changed out the filter floss.

Just Checked the water a hour after the water change.

Temp - 79
NH3 - 0.25
N02 - 5.0
N03 - 160
PH - 7.8

Looking good! Numbers are getting better... I'd wait another day then another water change. You wanna get that ammonia and trites down to zero. Your getting there fast

It looks great, lots of room for corals. Any ideas of what you want?

Back
Top Bottom