Newbie: JBJ 12 gallon nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks spoonman. I will probably go with base and live rocks :)

I'll keep this thread updated as much as I can.

Any recommendation on places with good prices to buy general stuff like heater, submersible pump, salt, and sand?

Just got the ball rolling, I'm very excited. Went to a couple of LFS to check out the prices on things and ended up buying most of the things on Doctor fosters and smith and petstores.com.

I bought a submersible thermometer, 11 lbs of caribsea arag-alive special grade sand, and other miscellaneous items.

Good luck, seems you are on the right track. Subscribed....

Jmkb02, Thanks!

Last night, instead of going with a skimmer I just purchased a InTank media basket.

I use the intank media basket on my 29g biocube and absolutely love it. One of the best things I bought for that tank. lol

I use purigen, chemipure elite and a filter pad on top and it works great. :)

Good luck! Subscribed!

Hmmm hard to make a call on this... Unless you can fiscally choose your live rock I would say not to go for it cause you never know what you are getting and what might be hitching a rode on it...

okay, thanks for the advice Craig. I'll go with the LFS's LR then.

Update: Bought 14 gallons distilled water from wal mart. Price wasn't as bad as I thought. Shipments should all be here by the end of the week.

Here is the link for the media baslet for the 12g jbj

Nano Cube 12 Media Basket

If the rock looks nice for $4 a lb then I would get it from there. You are looking for porous rock with lots of nooks and crannies and no aipastia anemones on it. Purple colored rock is a plus too. :)

Hope that helps you guys!

Should be rodi water.

I dont have a rodi so I have to use either tap or distilled.

is it bad to use distilled?

Here is the link for the media baslet for the 12g jbj

Nano Cube 12 Media Basket

If the rock looks nice for $4 a lb then I would get it from there. You are looking for porous rock with lots of nooks and crannies and no aipastia anemones on it. Purple colored rock is a plus too. :)

Hope that helps you guys!

Whew, good thing thats the media basket I bought. I was worried mine wouldn't fit.

hm not sure how to make sure the rocks look good. I guess i'll just get the LR from the lfs

Did I buy the right pump to replace my original pump?

Attachments

• image-1341948877.jpg
    image-1341948877.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 94
For a twelve gallon should be fine what are your plans with it?

Back
Top Bottom