Nutra Sea Saltwater pre mixed? Anyone use it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been gathering things to set up the 12g nano and Saturday when I was browsing the salt mixes and reading the sales guy came over and pointed to cases upon cases of 4 gallon jugs of premixed salt water. It's $16.99 per jug and he said it's the hottest selling thing on the market right now. He said it's sea water straight from the ocean, perfect balance, packed with all the goodies plus some with added live bacteria etc...

has anyone ever used this and if so what's your take on it.

Thanks!
Kimberly

It is a waste of money. If it is "premixed", it is not straight from the ocean either :D

Once you spend $50 to fill tank, you could bought a bucket of salt mix enough for 200 gallons of water. At over $4/gallon, water changes the frequent water changes you need to do with a nano will bury you. You go through quite a bit of salt water with a nano...

The stuff might be good for emergency situations so it would not be bad as a backup, just not something you want to use on a regular basis unless you have a lot of $$$ burning a hole in your pocket :)

I'me also very sceptical of anything that claims, "with tons of live bacteria" etc. If it's sitting on a store shelf somewhere, how on earth can it contain anything "alive"? Anything they do to perhaps preserve something would only be temporary and should then have an expiration date. I've yet to see an "expiration date" on any of these types of products.

Good call on going with your gut and avoiding it.

Back
Top Bottom