Office tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking at setting up a tank in my office at work. Is a nano tank the way to go? What characteristics of a nano tank help make it easier to maintain?

I think a nano would be nice at your office. :) However, instead of being easier, sometimes nanos can be more difficult because there is such a small water volume. That means that there is smaller space for you to make an error.

I don't think there r any characteristics that make it easier to maintain. Except maybe not as much glass that u have to clean. HaHa

Honestly? Depending on how busy u are and whether or not u have time to mess with it. Once everything is up and running smoothly.( Which can take awhile ) the BioCubes r pretty nice and somewhat trouble free except for the regular Maint. I suggest purchasing the tank and buying the upgrades simultaneously. Pump, filter basket with Chemipure Elite and Purigen media. Some modification is required. But it's pretty basic and simple. U can get all the help needed here on AA. I have a Bio14 that I like very much. But I hear much praise on the BioCube 29

Yea. . . The biocube 29 sounds good. . . .do they come with skimmer and the whole system?

200 gallon reef said:
Yea. . . The biocube 29 sounds good. . . .do they come with skimmer and the whole system?

No, just the lights and filtration. They don't even need a skimmer. The lighting will also need to be upgraded with something like 1-2 led Promodules

I've never heard anyone needing additional lighting for the 29, unless of course u want SPS. That's news to me

Crabs said:
I've never heard anyone needing additional lighting for the 29, unless of course u want SPS. That's news to me

Even for LPS that's the absolute bare minimum.

Back
Top Bottom