*OFFICIAL* 16G Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope so :) I do have to pat myself on the back bc this is my first SW tank and I think its going great! And looks good too! :)

I forgot to get an answer to this

Would the light I wanna get be good enough for an anemone?? I think its a total of 72W (20" Odyssea T5 HO 4 bulb)

Anemones will require about the same light needs as lps corals

Mrc8858 said:
Yes that would be fine

Yessss!!!!! My gf will be happy lol she loves that the clowns host anemones, she thinks its "sooo cute" lol

My next question, could I go with 1 true percula clown instead of an occy??

Personally I wouldn't but you could. Another thing is with a tank this size an anemone will take up a lot of room which honestly they might require a larger tank permanently but wait til you got someone with more experience with them to chime in

Mrc8858 said:
Personally I wouldn't but you could. Another thing is with a tank this size an anemone will take up a lot of room which honestly they might require a larger tank permanently but wait til you got someone with more experience with them to chime in

Understandable, only reason I say a percula is bc (if it wasn't u, it was someone else) told me percula clowns are more likely to host anemones bc they aren't tank bred, so they know what anemones are.

I don't know how much truth there is behind that I would imagine the millions of years of hardwiring and evolution isn't gonna be lost In a couple generations but besides that you can get a wild caught occe too but tank bred really is the way to go

Mrc8858 said:
I don't know how much truth there is behind that I would imagine the millions of years of hardwiring and evolution isn't gonna be lost In a couple generations but besides that you can get a wild caught occe too but tank bred really is the way to go

Are tank bred occys still likely to host tho?

I've never heard of anyone having any issues.. the only problem I could see happening is it not hosting what you want it to host because clowns have been known to host anything including duncans hammers and even powerheads lol

Mrc8858 said:
I've never heard of anyone having any issues.. the only problem I could see happening is it not hosting what you want it to host because clowns have been known to host anything including duncans hammers and even powerheads lol

Yeah I've heard of power heads too haha.. well maybe an anemone will be the first thing I put in the tank along with the clown? Give it no choice but to host the anemone

Only problem with that is anemones should only be added to established tanks so to do that you would have to wait like 6 months for your clown fish

Mrc8858 said:
Only problem with that is anemones should only be added to established tanks so to do that you would have to wait like 6 months for your clown fish

Yeah that's true, hmmm guess I'll some things to figure out first lol

Pufferlove said:
Hey I know it's a little late for this but I think you should arrange your live rock stacked

Thanks for your input! :) I think I'm going to leave it like that, maybe get a few more small pieces in the near future too

Might get a clown goby, not sure yet tho :) they are neat looking tho

IMO, I like the stacked rock better. Fish like caves and small hiding holes within the rocks to feel safer, the spread -out version of rock doesn't look like there's too many crevices for fish to hide in.

Beengirl said:
IMO, I like the stacked rock better. Fish like caves and small hiding holes within the rocks to feel safer, the spread -out version of rock doesn't look like there's too many crevices for fish to hide in.

Yeah there was only a few hiding places, with em being stacked like this there are more spots and I could always go out and buy more small pieces to make it look even better :)

Back
Top Bottom