OK FinalFinal stocking list.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok. This is for the 10 gallon tank approx 18 lbs of live rock right now.

I would like to do all gobies as far as fish. Since there are a variety of smaller gobies that are also very striking, that is what I would like to go with.

I am still wanting a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby w/ pistol shrimp
Also still wanting the Red Striped Goby.

ATM, I have a yellow clown goby, but he will likely be traded out in a month or so.

Ideally, I would like a third type of goby, either a cleaner (thinking the red headed) or a sand sifter, but dont know if there are any sand sifters small enough
Ideally, I would want two of three of the Red Striped ones, since liveaquaria says tehy do better in small groups or pairs.

Would I be able to do the Hi Fin, say 2 Red Striped and a Red Headed one or something? kinda lokin for ideas on numbers here

Also, for cleaning crew, I currently has 2 nessarius snails, 7 hermits, 1 green emerald, 1 bumblebee snail (he is getting traded out for a nessarius) and a misc mithrix crab that I have no determined yet if he needs to be removed...havent had any casualties so far. I am thinking I will need more nessarius snails and maybe the cone shaped ones as well some serith snails and 2 bumblebee shrimp (they get up to like 1 inch or so, do b etter in pairs)

Anyways most help is welcome.

And no offense, but to the first person who says that it is cruel to put a single fish of any size i na 10 gallon tank. Dont post. To the person who says that only one fish can go in there, Dont Post. To the person who says that if I wanted fish, I shoulda gotten abigger tank, Your post is not welcome in this thread.

That list sounds reasonable 3 gobies in a 10 , just a word of caution try to vary the type of goby so they dont fight .

OK, so would the pistol goby, the two red-striped and a cleaner be too much? The max sizes on teh cleaner goby and shrimp goby are 2 inch, the max size on teh red striped is an inch

Try to introduce the to red-stripes together this will not guarentee no squabbles but may help as they can be agressive to their own kind in these small tanks . But you should be fine with that stocking list .

I am going to introduce them at the same time deifnately. should I go ahead and introduce all 4 to the tank at once? or do certain ones first or anything?

I would do your first fish pistol goby pair first then wait a week or two. In that period you will have had a water change and should be able to test your perameters ammonia, nitrAte, NitrIte ,ph and SPG if all come up fine add the last two ...My reason for recommending it this way is it allows your bacteria to rebalance to the "new" bioload

OK, I will do that then. Will prolly be three weeks or so until I get them, need to get a fe wmore lbs of liverock and up the cleaning crew..I need more snails. But I will ge thte pistol shrimp and shrimp goby first, let params balance back out if they need to, and then add the red-striped gobies.

Thanks for all the help. :)

Back
Top Bottom