Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look awesome! Not sure if you posted it back in the thread but how did you attach the ricordea to the rock. I was reading you have to tie them to a rock?

I've never tied down, I've heard of people using rubber bands but haven't tried that either. I use glue and putty. Here's a good article on it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/_/livestock/how-to-glue-coral-frags-r14

Most softies come on a rock already, or attached to a small rock that's glued to a frag plug. The small rocks can usually be cut off the plug with a razor and then glued straight to the rock scape.

Pom poms starting to feel at home I think, was out and about with the lights on for the first time last night :).
img_2969760_0_68e14ac9e4782ae05ed54b189b2d8aff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And a shot of the tubbs that I forgot to add to the last photo dump
img_2969760_1_f29960c0fde8826e4603ff998ef09c02.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The ring around the mouth isn't that bright, tough to get an accurate pic of them with the par38. It's definitely lighter than the rest but not that drastic. That's why there's not many pics of them in here :D

Haha yeah they're impossible to get a pic of under my kessil too. Very nice though, did the og Rastas pull through?

They haven't opened yet but they've gotten darker purple on the outside over the last couple weeks so I'm not sure what to do honestly. They turned grayish on the outside after about a week

Yeah, kept them on the sand bed where I acclimated the rest for a week longer, then moved them to some shade.

Very cool zoas, and I like the ones directly above the tubbs as well. Do those have a name?

I would try dropping them in a little more light. My eagle eyes for some reason hated the shade. I moved them up and they are loving it.

Very cool zoas, and I like the ones directly above the tubbs as well. Do those have a name?

Yeah, they're scrambled eggs I believe.

I would try dropping them in a little more light. My eagle eyes for some reason hated the shade. I moved them up and they are loving it.

Worth a shot, I'll move them up onto the rock with the rics and a couple other zs

Yeah me too, in sad news though just found the wrasse after it went carpet surfing some time today :(. Going to get some mesh and try again.

Thanks, kind of stumped too, he was eating and swimming around the tank following the goby.

Back
Top Bottom