Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha I've got a couple sps in mind I want before more zoas...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh don't worry about me either, you know, where there aren't any Rastas.

But you guys get ORA fuzzy sticks :), and cheap shipping from the zoa queen. You should get those orange ones so I can live vicariously through you :D

Funny thing about this hobby...you can sway back and forth between what you are obsessed with. I've gone from SPS, to zoas, to sandbed corals, clams...just not enough space for everything over time! That's what gets us in trouble...and might be why my wife wants me to have a fish room so all my stuff is condensed into one room.

Funny thing about this hobby...you can sway back and forth between what you are obsessed with. I've gone from SPS, to zoas, to sandbed corals, clams...just not enough space for everything over time! That's what gets us in trouble...and might be why my wife wants me to have a fish room so all my stuff is condensed into one room.

Oh yeah for sure. It's not really a hobby you can ever leave as it drags you back in haha

Ain't that the truth, and in my case a new obsession usually leads to an upgrade or a new tank :eek:. Sounds like you got a winner hank, I couldn't get the ok on a fish room (she said I'd never leave it) but she's ok'd a big custom tank once we move :D.

Just got an interesting call from my landlord, someone in the building moved out and left their fish tank :(. He asked if I wanted it, it's a 30 fw with "some plants" and I guess it's either me or a flush. I'm gonna head home early and move it out, guess I got a 30fw now, kind of afraid that I'm gonna there and find some ridiculously stocked tank. This should be interesting, been about 5 years since I've run a fw tank, wish me luck

Wish my neighbors would leave fish tanks lying around when they move out, oh wait, they have.
A while back someone left what must have been a 200g and a 100g tank with everything included and gave it to us. I wasn't in the hobby then and now I wish I was. They were like Red Sea systems, just not Red Sea.
Good Luck.

Well I got it all transferred, everyone made it. Stocking wasn't as bad as I was picturing (I had 2 oscars and some giant Pleco in my head, or a bunch of huge goldfish) they actually had 2 of my favorite fw fish, bichardi and calvus cichlids :). Here's a FTS (I hate the gravel)
img_3015792_0_42c8a2bb8adb756c37952de9ad339d8b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah there's 3 nice pieces of driftwood that I had to work with, 2 had anubias attached to them so the hard scape wasn't too hard but I can't stand that gravel, looks so fake and cheesy. I'll see if I can give the set up away to a good home, but if not then yeah I guess I'll keep it, might make it my daughters tank so we'll see

Ok back on topic, August FTS
img_3015868_0_48612e0daf8af8cef07c7e849a67ce1d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Tried something new , top down FTS (almost :D)
img_3015868_1_b75875a6d7abcfc0033c3b1fdc747743.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Fish shots, wrasse doesn't stay still, this was the best out of probably 20 tries :eek:
img_3015868_2_46654dd5d117224d3a9676318e1906df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Goby, notice a theme for him?
img_3015868_3_9b22fe3ce7e25a4fb3d499e07dff7d38.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Added the orange explosions to the arch today and flipped the CBPRs so I could see the babies :)
img_3017344_0_d427e2a8d04f6d77edadc57c2818834e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3017344_1_4af67dcb2a546455e238fb56f070489c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rics splitting !!!! Pink and blue are just about separate, and the rainbow to the right is just starting :D
img_3017344_2_3d4ce3e6d9e765f9a01039fea7f071d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Top down
img_3017344_3_5cc8dc96abc8e9c9d9b729b18b17ff93.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Your tank pics are amazing as always. I picked up a sweet little rock today with 4 mushrooms 3 blue and 1 red and a frag of rastas! Ive been following your thread for about a month and cant believe the growth you are able to achieve. Is your lighting just a par38? My water is good I feed 2 or 3 times a week coral brilliance. What is your secret

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice rics! I'm always envious of them...

Your tank pics are amazing as always. I picked up a sweet little rock today with 4 mushrooms 3 blue and 1 red and a frag of rastas! Ive been following your thread for about a month and cant believe the growth you are able to achieve. Is your lighting just a par38? My water is good I feed 2 or 3 times a week coral brilliance. What is your secret

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice, I love Rastas, can't wait to see pics :D. Yeah just using the par bulb, very impressed with it. No secrets, just try and keep things stable, tanks about a year old so it's starting to mature and lots of the corals are taking off. I don't feed the zoas anything, I feed the birds a little marine snow the night before my wc and the acans usually get a little too, the euphies and Duncan's will usually get a little of whatever I feed the fish once I turn the pumps back on but I don't target feed them at all. Just give stuff some time, once they start growing they usually grow fast :)

Back
Top Bottom