Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I'll have one eventually, just felt like a little break was called for. Although I'm finishing up an order with Dave from NanoBox for one of his ati t5 retros, I'm thinking 6 bulbs and 4 arrays so...... :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just traded in my Kessil for a mini tide Red! I've already seen amazing color come back to my Zoas! Glad to see everything's going good!

Just traded in my Kessil for a mini tide Red! I've already seen amazing color come back to my Zoas! Glad to see everything's going good!

Dave makes a nice product doesn't he :)

I have a guy! I haven't even been to his place in a while but I'd be happy to put you in touch. He's the Noah's ark.

I’ll definitely take you up on that when it’s time. Just got done double checking the nanobox tide that I’m using, waiting on a couple Amazon packages and then I think I’ll be grabbing some base rock to start up this weekend or next.

I’ll definitely take you up on that when it’s time. Just got done double checking the nanobox tide that I’m using, waiting on a couple Amazon packages and then I think I’ll be grabbing some base rock to start up this weekend or next.
I have 20 lbs in the driveway. They were compromised so nuked em. 4 days of 90 degrees. Yours of you want them

My buddies got some leftover from his upgrade that he’s giving me, but appreciate the offer man.

What size? Coral prices are so silly nowadays. Torches…barf

Also; welcome back!!! I restarted last September

Thanks man, glad to see I’m not the only one who couldn’t stay away. I got a fluval flex 15g 7-8 months ago that was half off. Not really a big fan of the front but wanna try an aio and it was cheap. I saw regular torches that were 10-15 a head when I stopped going for 60-70 now which is nuts to me. I think I’m gonna stick to zoas and rics mainly, maybe a couple plating montis, and would love to find a couple rfas or maybe a bubble tip

So I’ve been thinking about building one of those negative space aquascapes, where you build almost bonsai tree esque style with shelves at different levels and angles. The floor space is pretty limited so I thought it’d work well in a cube, anyone tried one?

I haven't, but they sure look neat. I'm not sure how one would approach flow in the system maybe? The key to any minimalistic look would have a majority of the base rock in the sump. Then would be minimalistic with fish as well. The lack of hiding places would lead to increased aggression I would think?

I’m not necessarily trying to go for a minulmistic look, just trying to go more vertical with rock branches and overhangs/shelves to best maximize the footprint and still allow me some room in the sand bed for a couple small acan or blasto rocks. Hard to explain I guess. Not to worried about flow, between the return I’m going to use and the power head I can push 800+ gph if I set em to full power and I think the vertical nature of an nsa will make it easier to get flow everywhere in the tank. I’m getting 4 large pieces from a friend, a little under 25 lbs and will break it with a chisel and glue/mortar the pieces back together so there will be plenty of rock. I know how important the rock work is in a small system even if it’s been a while. And I’m only planning on 2 fish, hi fin goby with a pistol and either another clown goby or tail spot blenny or possibly a clown, my daughter wants a clown badly so that’s probably the way it’ll end up going.

Love the NSA ideal, wanted to do it but just couldn't make it happen last time. I had way too much stone and piled it up :( .

Reef Builders has a good article as does

You probably already saw this....

And a nice how to and what not to do from BRS

Love the NSA ideal, wanted to do it but just couldn't make it happen last time. I had way too much stone and piled it up :( .

Reef Builders has a good article as does

You probably already saw this....

And a nice how to and what not to do from BRS

That’s actually the video that gave me the idea. Tanks actually been up and cycling for a couple weeks now. Scape isn’t exactly nsa, but it’s definitely different for me. Ended up going with a jbj 20 cube for a better footprint and I didn’t want to mess with the reverse bow front. I’ll start a new thread and snap some pics tonight.

That's exciting. I'm once again considering a small footprint. Still no one bought my 55G SCA but saw a new low iron 32G for a reasonable price, but after adding a new stand would be better to just buy a used SW tank and stand set up, haven't found what I want yet, lol. But thinking of having an island with mangroves out the top and MA again (with RF anemones), which seems to becoming a popular style set up. I have been watching some builds from tigahboy.h20 on IG and he's doing fabulous things in MA.

Looking forward to a link for the new tank.

Back
Top Bottom