Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a stunning BTA! Also, do blastos eventually grow that wide? Some seem to grow in polyp size while others grow new polyps.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Blastomussa merletti have big polyps while Blastomussa wellsi are small

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a stunning BTA! Also, do blastos eventually grow that wide? Some seem to grow in polyp size while others grow new polyps.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My merlettis (my favs)

Wellsi

Both make great lps for nanos or limited space as they don't send out sweepers like most lps, wellsi can get mean if they grow up onto another coral, but they're slower growers and easily fragged so not really a problem.

Nice merletti (and wellsi), it's nice that they don't have long sweepers and still have that elegant LPS look.

I have a single head of wellsi, and it won't seem to grow at all over a couple months. Would you say the sand bed/lower light is best for them?

Ya mines actually shaded and loves it, gets pretty good flow but seems to like the low light

Hey red. I have decided to break down the 30 rl and start over. I am planning to put the stock in the 20 for a while. Can I put 1 clown in a 5.5 while re building. Prob for a week.? Then put the clowns and goby from 30 into 20. Then wash rocks and new sand. I will keep some rock in 20 to re seed. This algae will NOT go away!!!!Will it work? Thanks

Hey red. I have decided to break down the 30 rl and start over. I am planning to put the stock in the 20 for a while. Can I put 1 clown in a 5.5 while re building. Prob for a week.? Then put the clowns and goby from 30 into 20. Then wash rocks and new sand. I will keep some rock in 20 to re seed. This algae will NOT go away!!!!Will it work? Thanks

Ya should be fine, algae battles can be rough :(

Ya should be fine, algae battles can be rough :(

Yes they can. The rock and live stock are out. Been scrubbing rock for an hour. Most hair is gone but rock is still green. What can I do?

Have you seen this skimmer in action before? Looks good.

Only new addition, picked up this milli a couple weeks ago

Beautiful!

BigRed how's everything going buddy?!?

It's been a crazy month, wedding planning is getting stressful and crazy expensive. Works been tough too, lost my 2 best guys at the beginning of the year, they took my job basically at other dealerships so I've been in the shop a lot more than usual so far but I kinda like that. And of course spent Sunday digging out from under all that snow :(. How about you? How's the tank going, and how'd the storm treat you guys?

It's been a crazy month, wedding planning is getting stressful and crazy expensive. Works been tough too, lost my 2 best guys at the beginning of the year, they took my job basically at other dealerships so I've been in the shop a lot more than usual so far but I kinda like that. And of course spent Sunday digging out from under all that snow :(. How about you? How's the tank going, and how'd the storm treat you guys?

It's going good! I'm trying to get my acro and rainbow monti to grow and get better polyp extension :( I know about the wedding planning, doing our's as well! We had to dig ourselves out as well, got around 13 inches. Pretty crazy how all we were supposed to get was 3-5 at the beginning of the week.

It's going good! I'm trying to get my acro and rainbow monti to grow and get better polyp extension :( I know about the wedding planning, doing our's as well! We had to dig ourselves out as well, got around 13 inches. Pretty crazy how all we were supposed to get was 3-5 at the beginning of the week.

Ahh the joys of keeping fuzzy sticks :p , I'm nursing 2 of my 3 back to health atm too. I bleached my slimer and bn with the nanobox, and they're not making it easy. Gotta love the meteorologists, I wish I could be as wrong/bad as they are at my job :D, but then there may be a few dangerous Hondas on the road :p.

I got a whopping 0 inches :p

Lucky, though that storm was supposed to be hitting the east coast today or tomorrow isn't it?

Canada got hit with the snow bug! havent seen this much in a couple years. Spent a couple nights ago pushing cars out and pushing my girlfriends family haha. Good luck on the wedding planning red, tank looks great

Back
Top Bottom