Our 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sadielynn

Aquarium Advice Addict
nano
img_743416_0_1bbaac32226e29bea6271242cbe83c44.jpg

Currently running 80 wats pc duel fixture wich is getting down graded to 72 watts pc
I currently do 10% H20 changes weekly
houses a mated pair of fire fish
and a paired clown fish .
Lighting schedule is acitinics on 9am off 815pm
50/50 on at 11am off at 7pm
2 mini jets for circulation and a penguin 350 that house the heater finexx 50 watt titanium... and the thermometer probs
I run ours at a temp of 75*-76.5* regulated with a RK2

You are going to move those clowns to a bigger tank, right? Nice looking tank BTW!

roka64 said:
You are going to move those clowns to a bigger tank, right? Nice looking tank BTW!

Not sure if you are implying she should move them or simply asking, but why would she move the clowns to a bigger tank? It is more than adequate for their size/territorial disputes.

Oh, ok, thanks for the clarification! I was under the assumption that O Clowns liked a little bigger tank.

Nice job! The tank looks great. I do have a few suggestions...four fish in a 10gal (especially a new one) is a pretty heavy bio-load. Bumping up the LR and giving time for the tank to mature would certainly help. A pair of A. ocellaris should be okay in there but I am concerned about a pair of Nemateloeotris magnifica. While they are a passive species, they should be kept alone or as a male/female pair in much larger tanks. If you remove one I would say your tank would be stocked perfectly.

lando said:
Nice job! The tank looks great. I do have a few suggestions...four fish in a 10gal (especially a new one) is a pretty heavy bio-load. Bumping up the LR and giving time for the tank to mature would certainly help. A pair of A. ocellaris should be okay in there but I am concerned about a pair of Nemateloeotris magnifica. While they are a passive species, they should be kept alone or as a male/female pair in much larger tanks. If you remove one I would say your tank would be stocked perfectly.
This tank was transferred from the 7gmb all but about 1 gallon of water made it in ... There is about 12 +lbs live rock .. the tank has been up for 6 months with out problem... the 7 was up for 2 years prior ...and then transferred to the 10 gallon in august ... just a little over 6 months ... The fire fish I do believe are mated as they swim together and sleep together.. they have had no squabbles at all ... they have been together for the past 9 months ... Thanks for the compliments ... and the insites so that others dont think this was done over night ;)

Looks good I would like to do something like that with a 20 gallon long or something great looking tank.

What's the name of the "jets"... or do u have a link to were I can buy em... because those are small and I really like them compared to everything else I've seen.

Thank you

tahnk you... i will look into it.. how havve they worked for you?... tank is looking great btw

I like them tho I must admit that if I could find a smaller PH that would give better surface flow IE adjustable nosel I would be tempted to try it . All in all in a score of 1-10 , 10 being perfect I would rate them at a 9.5 . Thanks for the compliment

Back
Top Bottom