Panorama Pro LED in Biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepper3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I have a 29g Biocube with the standard PC hood. I'm interested in adding on a Panorama Pro LED light made by Ecoxotic to my hood.
Panorama Pro LED Module
Has anyone used this led light with the stock lighting? I have found alot of total LED hood mods on the net, but nobody using it in tandem with the PCs. From what I can tell, I just need to relocate the 3 moonlight leds and the panorama strip would fit right in between the two PCs. Anyone tried this? Thanks for the info.

Yes I think it'll work. I've used Ecoexotic before and I've been pleased with the output. There are plenty of videos on YouTube with people who have done it and with how they did it.

Ibrahim said:
Yes I think it'll work. I've used Ecoexotic before and I've been pleased with the output. There are plenty of videos on YouTube with people who have done it and with how they did it.

Ibrahim, I have a 14 gallon and I can't seem to find anywhere on YouTube that has installation help for a 14 gallon. Also, how do you guys like the LEDS so far? Would 1 pro led be enough to keep an anemone?

Thanks! Would there be a substantial amount of difference if I went with just the Panorama Pro Module Blue in comparison to the Panorama Pro Module half blue half white? Or does it not really matter?

So for the 29 gallon biocube what will you keep differently in your tank than with just the stock lighting? I have a 29 BC and am curious.

TheTrav13 said:
Thanks! Would there be a substantial amount of difference if I went with just the Panorama Pro Module Blue in comparison to the Panorama Pro Module half blue half white? Or does it not really matter?

half blue half white because there is a large difference in the par with more blue. I would do crisp white and do actinic bulbs in my PC.

Starchar said:
So for the 29 gallon biocube what will you keep differently in your tank than with just the stock lighting? I have a 29 BC and am curious.

You could do zoas and leathers and maybe LPS but that'd be a stretch

I appreciate your responses. What do you mean by par? And what's the difference, if any, between the light potency of pc wattage compared to led? Right now I'm stuck between replacing my pc's with this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270777839659 (36 watts of led)

Or keeping my 2x24 watt pcs and adding the panorama pro led module (19watt)

I'm a noob when it comes to lighting so please bare with me.

I am doing common mushrooms, florida ricordea, button polyps, kenya tree, green zoas, corky fingers, pulsing xenia with BC stock lighting. They all seem to be doing well. Would adding a few leds make that much of a difference?

Back
Top Bottom