Peppermint shrimp and small feather dusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTamer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay, so recently I got a peppermint shrimp for my newly cycled 14 gallon BC. One of my rocks had a numerous amount of feather dusters on them but when I woke up this morning they were torn up and on 1 out of the 8 remained. Do peppermint shrimp snack on the dusters? Or what may have caused them to disappear? Also, I have 3 hermits, 3 snails, and a yellow tail damsel.

I suspect what u r calling feather dusters r really Aptasia. It's a good thing ur peppermint is dealing with them. It's not sumthin u want. And it is what peppermints r known to eat

Actually I got peppermints to take care of the aiptasia problem in my tank and actually saw them hunting my feather dusters. I moved them from the tank. They were doing it with the lights on so I am sure they would have gotten it that night after lights out. The 3 of them actually were working together one as watch out and the other 2 were the ones attacking it.

Yeah it must have been him. And Crabs, they were feather dusters I know what aiptasia look like I have one of them and he hasn't touched it haha. Thanks for the comments though appreciate it.

I've got Aptasia and 3 worthless peppermints who dont touch them. Lucky the Aptasia hasn't gotten out of hand. Good to know my peppermints aren't the only ones that don't eat them

Back
Top Bottom