Pico? Need Options for 2.5 or 5g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Condys can be vicious!! Blood shrimp are cool, a little too pricey around here one costs about 40 or 50 bucks! Cleaners go for 20 and peps go for 10 sexys are 3 for 35 and coral banded are about 25 so i am debating on buying any shrimp ! As they are scavengers. Lol i might go with some starfish and more filter feeders like gorgonians instead of shrimp in order to keep my corals bellys full!

I have a coral banded and a pep in my tank and love them both

Condys can be vicious!! Blood shrimp are cool, a little too pricey around here one costs about 40 or 50 bucks! Cleaners go for 20 and peps go for 10 sexys are 3 for 35 and coral banded are about 25 so i am debating on buying any shrimp ! As they are scavengers. Lol i might go with some starfish and more filter feeders like gorgonians instead of shrimp in order to keep my corals bellys full!

Yeah. I bought my 10 gallon nano reef established. It only had a few polyps, a dotty back, an awesome starfish, and the condy. The nem ate the starfish(which was my favorite thing in the tank, btw.) The Condy and the dotty back got to go back to the lfs. Lol. Blood shrimp are $27 dollars here, cleaner shrimp are $22, peppermint shrimp are $8, and i'm not sure about the coral banded shrimp. The price on those always changes. Same with the sexy shrimp. Today they were $15. My brother is halving a cleaner pack with me soon, so I didn't get anything other than some emerald crabs to btho of some bubble algae in my 55. Lol. I do like starfish. I love my brittle star. What do you think about having one in my 2.5? I hadn't even given that a thought. Is it too small?

I have a coral banded and a pep in my tank and love them both

I love my peppermint shrimp, but I have heard of them acquiring a taste for corals. :) is your coral banded shrimp mean? I think they're really cool.

Ive had peps the whole 2+ yrs ive had sw tanks never saw any of my peps eating coral or seen damage on the corals at all....and all 5 tanks have at least 1if not more.... Mom likes how they do the "sway"...:)

I like how they dance too haha. And I haven't noticed my corals being attacked by it either... it could be a case where they aren't fed enough and go for the corals? My coral banded isn't mean at all. He moves around the tank slowly and just hangs out I guess. I have never seen him go after anything. Although bristle worms freak me out too so Im hoping he eats a few of those like I saw in a YouTube video of one before I got him.

Supposedly coral banded shrimp eat bristles..dont know for sure..never had a cbs...

Supposedly coral banded shrimp eat bristles..dont know for sure..never had a cbs...

I really hope so! I don't have an infestation of them but when I see some of the larger ones it freaks me out haha.

Y'all are making me want a coral banded shrimp! Lol. 6 lines do a great job grazing on bristle worms. :) I am such a baby when it comes to them. Lol.

That's the problem with this forum... I never get any school work done and end up wanting everything I read about haha

I have the same problem! My girlfriend honestly likes my tanks alot, but she absolutley hates it when im glued to this forum!

I have the same problem! My girlfriend honestly likes my tanks alot, but she absolutley hates it when im glued to this forum!

Haha yeah my girlfriend loves my tanks but always says I am cheating on her with them!

Yeah I have 4 tanks that are just for her bettas. But you know I do all the maintenance on em

What'd you have in all those??

I had 3 5 gallon planted Betta tanks, 1 10 gallon planted cory cat/minnow/ghost shrimp community, a 3 gallon halfmoon that was home to a teeny tiny crawfish, one 10 gallon that was my nano reef. A 29 gallon that used to be a community(fancy guppies, Cory cats, zebra danios, hatchetfish, ghost shrimp, African dwarf frogs, dwarf crawfish, etc,) and the other two I kept just in case I needed a qt or somewhere to dr something. My saltwater wasn't going anywhere. Lol. I want to have fw again, but I want to plan a really nice planted set up.

Back
Top Bottom