Pico? Need Options for 2.5 or 5g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! It's still only a thought, but I would like to try my hand at it. I have some Xenia in my 10 gallon. I'm hoping it will fill out. I guess it will? Lol.

I got a small group of Xenia about 4 months ago and it has already quadrupled in size. If you can frag it out and get store credit or something from your lfs it might be a fun way to pay for the food or something else small from time to time.

I got a small group of Xenia about 4 months ago and it has already quadrupled in size. If you can frag it out and get store credit or something from your lfs it might be a fun way to pay for the food or something else small from time to time.

Cool. I'll remember that. I just bought a small frag of pumping Xenia last week. I love the movement it adds to my tank.

My Xenia has already attached and is spreading. Lol. That's a little ridiculous! I'm excited though.

Im thinking of starting to frag out my Xenia. I know its not worth much but ill take some store credit from my lfs for it. Mine is starting to take over the right side of my tank

Aw. I hope your lfs gives you something. Mine does 30% and a Xenia frag is $24.99

Melevs pico is awesome! I'm starting my 5g nano as we speak! Going to add sand and live rock tonight. Let the cycle begin. Can I use silica sand as sub?

Hopefully I get to set up my pico tonight. Crossing my fingers. I'm STILL trying to decide between my standard 2.5 gallon and my 3 gallon halfmoon!! Help me! Lol.

Halfmoons are always cool. Btw I asked my lfs about the Xenia frags and they said they probably would just chuck em lol ill just give it away to people I know if that's the case. I don't know about the substrate though. I don't know anything about the silica

Nice. I'm into day 6 and everything looks good. My new light should be here any day. This pic is from a few days ago. I've since rearranged my rock. Hard when there's no too much space.

image-2544586534.jpg

Halfmoons are always cool. Btw I asked my lfs about the Xenia frags and they said they probably would just chuck em lol ill just give it away to people I know if that's the case. I don't know about the substrate though. I don't know anything about the silica

img_2359653_0_44f1da23457252d52790b7082bea69a4.jpg

The only problem I have with the halfmoon is how small it is. It makes it very difficult to do water changes. Plus, the 2.5 gallon is glass. The 3 gallon is acrylic. I think I may play the easy card and do the 2.5, even though less water is harder to manage.
I've actually heard that about the Xenias too. Lol. They spread like wildfire. Mine is already splitting a head! (he's now in 55 gallons and very happy about it!) please don't mind my dirty glass and iPhone picture. Lol. I'm doing a lot of maintenance today, so maybe I can post better pic later. :)

Nice. I'm into day 6 and everything looks good. My new light should be here any day. This pic is from a few days ago. I've since rearranged my rock. Hard when there's no too much space.

Looks good!! What kind of light are you using? How often do you have to top off so far?

Currently it's just a stock 11w bulb. I ordered a reef ready 15w 50/50 bulb. I haven't had to top off yet. I did a water change 2 days ago. Changed 2 gallons. The hard part is figuring out where I'm going to out the nano. It's on my tool box in the garage.

Currently it's just a stock 11w bulb. I ordered a reef ready 15w 50/50 bulb. I haven't had to top off yet. I did a water change 2 days ago. Changed 2 gallons. The hard part is figuring out where I'm going to out the nano. It's on my tool box in the garage.

I have a 50/50 bulb for mine, too. Yes. That's a hard choice. I have a fish room, but I finally decided my dresser in my bedroom. :)

Nice, how do you like the bulb?

I love it. I actually managed to put 2. I took them off my 10 gallon nano. They supported corals in there. I just moved everything into my 55 gallon. They were most of my light in the 10 g and I was happy with them.

Ive got a .5 gallon pico cycled and waiting for som coral and a hermit and astrea. :) yours looks good ! The 5050 bulbs yous are talking about are perfect i had them on my nano too !

Attachments

• image-1903783130.jpg
    image-1903783130.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom