Porcelain Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I Have 1 In My 10 Gallon Reef? I plan on keeping corals , 1 clownfish a peppermint shrimp and a feather duster , What Do They Eat? TIA

Tito2491 said:
Can I Have 1 In My 10 Gallon Reef? I plan on keeping corals , 1 clownfish a peppermint shrimp and a feather duster , What Do They Eat? TIA

I have about 5 that came with our live rock, they are pretty cool to watch. I don't do anything special, and they have been living well in my tank (more than a year now). I believe they scoop stuff in floating around in the water.

Good luck to you

ya they are easy keepers, filter feeders no special requirements

klam said:
Would these crabs benefit from some phytoplankton dosing?

I'm pretty sure they do, at least thats what I've been told. I was dosing small amounts of Micro-vert (for the crab, numerous feather dusters and filter feeders) which I believe is the same thing as phyto-plankton. They also love Brine shrimp.

Actually mine get plenty from the frozen food I feed my fish. They come out with the fish at feeding time and start sweeping like crazy. Been in the tank for months, growing and molting normally.
I would skip the phytoplankton. No need to add extra nutrients to the water column when they will eat what you already put in there. IMO

Actually mine get plenty from the frozen food I feed my fish. They come out with the fish at feeding time and start sweeping like crazy.

That's exactly what ours do. And man are they thriving! Occassionally, when a sizeable chunk floats by, they'll grab it with their claws and stuff it into their mouth!

Even though they're opportunistic feeders, I've never seen them go after anything they shouldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom