Project Pico has begun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you have your light fixture mounted. I have that same fixture on my 2.5 and i cant figure out how to mount it.

How do you have your light fixture mounted. I have that same fixture on my 2.5 and i cant figure out how to mount it.
The light rests on two 1/2 inch strips of acrylic, one on each end of the fixture. The rest of the tank is topless. Just ask your LFS for a length of scrap acrylic and use a Dremel or similar tool to cut it.

WOW!!!! That is looking awesome! It makes me want to take a trip to the LFS and get a few new things for my tank!! I've just posted updated pics of my 5g nano that I have been working on. Have a look if you get the chance. It's in this forum labled "took the plunge" Great job!!!!

lando, any effects on the livestock with the temp difference?? i think ill be havin the same problem. might need to get a mini heater....

lando, any effects on the livestock with the temp difference?? i think ill be havin the same problem. might need to get a mini heater....
Temp regulation has been the biggest challange with this tank. I do have a flat 7.5watt heater from Hydor in the tank. It does a petty god job. In the morning temp is at 76-77 and in the evening (after the lights have been on) the temp ranges 79-80. This Minnesota winter has been kind in terms of temp...bnothing too cold...yet. Honestly, no noticable effect on the livestock. All is doing great.

i heard through the grapvine it wasnt that cold. if its jan and its not too cold, it shouldnt get too much colder than. at least thats the way i remember it, lol....

i heard through the grapvine it wasnt that cold. if its jan and its not too cold, it shouldnt get too much colder than. at least thats the way i remember it, lol....
I figured you would like that. I was in Duluth late last week for work and it was 30 degrees there with no snow. Too weird for MN. At least there was a good brisk wind coming off of Lake Superior!

hehehe. my dad is down here for a year and my gramma until may, she wanted to miss the cold weather, altho she hasnt missed much, lol.

man i miss that, 30.....would be so nice. ugh and snow!! there is a sled callin my name. next year i will be there! maybe some of the wind will blow your way, lol.

hey looks real good!

about the temp, if you havent fixed it yet, I had a 2.5 set up a little while ago and now its a 10g, but what I did for temp was this: I had 2 aquaclear 20s, one had rubble and a clump of chaeto for maintaing my nitrates, and the other I put a visitherm stealth 25w heater in, the temp regulator worked great, and the tank never changed a degree from 80 the whole time I had it set up. Good luck with everything.

How hot does your coralife fixture get? I cant even touch mine without getting burned. its a shame they didnt make them with a built in fan.

I had a 2.5 set up a little while ago and now its a 10g, but what I did for temp was this: I had 2 aquaclear 20s, one had rubble and a clump of chaeto for maintaing my nitrates, and the other I put a visitherm stealth 25w heater in
That is a good idea. I currently have two Red Sea nano filters running...one with LR rubble and the other with PURA filtration pads. Not big enough for a heater so I may need to upgrade. I want to avoid putting a larger heater in the tank for space reasons.
How hot does your coralife fixture get? I cant even touch mine without getting burned. its a shame they didnt make them with a built in fan.
I wish they came with fans as well. Mine does not get too hot. I can still touch it when it is on.

thats a good idea. in the final days of my reef, i was building plans to make a an aquaclear 70 into a refugium. lando, what light u got running on urs and if possible, could you kindly take some photos of the refugium? thanks in advance!

Wow, that look amazing :p I am really interested in starting a 5g tank and you are inspiring me with t eh arch that you made out of the LR. Great idea! I am up at college, so I will be in the same room as my tank all the time, so I can be watching it all the time, but I was wondering, does the size of the room have an effect on the water? Like, does a smaller room creater a greater variation in water temps, or is it more of a "next to the window or not" kind of deal?

Back
Top Bottom