Protein Skimmer pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jillw28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is really loud...Any ideas on how to lower its sound? I have it on a towel, but its just simply the pump that is so loud. Should I replace it? If so, what kind?

TY!!! :confused:

What kind of pump is it? How old is it? I am assuming that it is out of sump since you have it on a towel. Is it the water splashing that is loud, the "whir" of the pump or is it rattling?

I am not sure what kind of pump it is. I will have to look at it when I get home tonight. I bought the set up used the other day. It is in the back of my nano with a black tube to the pump in the stand. It is the whir of the pump that is loud. My air pump on my freshwater is quiet as long as its cradled in a towel, but not this pump...I believe it is the skimmer that goes with the nano cubes, but I will check later to make sure.

It may just need a good cleaning. Try to take it apart and clean it really well. You may be able to take the impeller out and wipe it off. Mine gets loud when it gets dirty.

Back
Top Bottom