Question for you all......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone out there have a reef tank and NO sump? If so how long haveya had it and how has it been working for you?

My first reef tank was a 38 gal. without a sump. I used an Emperor 400 and 60lbs LR with 50 lbs LS for filtration. I also had a SeaClone 100 skimmer. It all worked just fine for me. I just started a 12 gal. nano with no sump either.

I have a wet dry, don't know if you consider that to be a sump (I don't) and mines (the reef anyways, fish for hmm almost 4 years now) been up since April. I'm switching to a fuge/sump though, just for the added water quality. My tank specs are: Nitrates: 10ppm Phos:.025 Amonia: 0 Nitrite:0 PH: 8.1 Everything is good.

I have a 20 gallon reef without a sump with 26 lbs of LR and 20 lbs of LS. I'm using a CPR Bak-Pak. I was going to set up a sump but decided against it because I didn't want to spend money on an overflow and extra pumps.

Everything's working out fine for me. Although I would like one, I'm content with what I have and apparently so are my fish.

I have a 30g propagation tank w/ a XP2 canister filter. I rigged a surface skimmer from an aquaclear unit to it so I don't get that scummy layer on top.

I had a 10g with no sump for over 1 1/2 yrs, than did a tank swap to a 14g with no sump also.

Back
Top Bottom