Rearranging rock work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey what's up? How are you guys? I was wondering if I rearrange my rock work, will that affect my tank parameters? I decided that I feel safer gluing or having potty in my rock work to make it more stable and I was wondering if moving the rocks out to do will have a bad effect on it also I was wondering if I don't change the filter floss every week will the nitrates and phosphate be affected?

Rearranging rockwork will only affect parameters in systems that have been set up for a long time as it will kick up all the gunk that has built up around the rocks and in dead spots. Similar to not changing your filter socks/floss, all that built up gunk will cause parameters to rise. This is why we don't use canister filters in saltwater as if they aren't cleaned out weekly will become a nitrate trap.

Rearranging rockwork will only affect parameters in systems that have been set up for a long time as it will kick up all the gunk that has built up around the rocks and in dead spots. Similar to not changing your filter socks/floss, all that built up gunk will cause parameters to rise. This is why we don't use canister filters in saltwater as if they aren't cleaned out weekly will become a nitrate trap.

Oh ok I wanna take out some rock to put some potty on then to make it more solid

As long as it’s not out long enough to completely dry out you’ll be fine, but I’m pretty sure you can use the epoxy underwater. I’d get some superglue gel and put it on either end of the epoxy to help while it cures, it has to be gel though with cyanoacrylate as the main ingredient

As long as it’s not out long enough to completely dry out you’ll be fine, but I’m pretty sure you can use the epoxy underwater. I’d get some superglue gel and put it on either end of the epoxy to help while it cures, it has to be gel though with cyanoacrylate as the main ingredient

I tried super glue and it did not work hopefully I can work the epoxy

The epoxy's they make for aquarium use will dry underwater easy. They aren't the best for holding in frag plugs IMO, but to hold rockwork together it should be fine.
With super glue gel, make sure it is 100% cyanoacrylate as other can be toxic and leach into the water column.

I meant in addition to the epoxy

Gotta try that

The epoxy's they make for aquarium use will dry underwater easy. They aren't the best for holding in frag plugs IMO, but to hold rockwork together it should be fine.
With super glue gel, make sure it is 100% cyanoacrylate as other can be toxic and leach into the water column.
It is reef one got it at the lfs

Back
Top Bottom