Sad week, but new 15 gallon column build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
This has been a horrible week!!! Moved last weekend, and the movers did opposite of what they were told and moved my 40breeder reef..... Long story short, over flow was broken off so I replaced it to find out the bottom seal was now leaking.... I had given away all my fish before the move and kept the inverts/corals... After a week of living in buckets I moved them to the new 15 gallon tank and sadly watched as they started to dissolve and melt over 24 hours..... :(..... Anyways today things look like they are gonna settle down and I have only totally lost 2 shrimp, a couple snails and a starfish.... All hermits and some other snails are still doing fine!! Oh and some anthelia and Xenia melted, but I won't complain about that!! Went and got LED lights from a fellow reefer, but right now they are on the lowest setting blue and white.... Still seems very bright though.... I have done smaller tanks (one only 2 gallons) with success, so I'm hoping this will be successful too.... More pics will come soon, but here is a pic from yesterday when the corals went in and with only a sad little clip on light!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393121035.159417.jpg

Today the pulsing zenia is totally gone.... The frogspawn up front has more skeleton showing than flesh, but the brain, torch, and Duncan started to look better and they started to open a little.... Finished up the hanging kit for the led now waiting on the hubby to put the hooks in the ceiling!! I did sit it on top of the tank and bleached the coralline algae.... :(..... Will it grow back?

I love it when people start doing thing the right way. Keep it looking good and dont forget your testing and dosing

Thanks!!! After putting up my first tank several years ago and watching it crash and everything die I vowed to never do that again!! This was a unplanned build, but I wanna be sure it's done right the first time!!! I do weekly water changes, so I normally don't dose anything!

Today's update is fabulous!! Lights are now hanging, brain coral looks 90% better, and Duncan is opening up!! My mini maxi nem has moved to a place he likes, but all my zoas/palys are still closed up!! Doing 3-5 gallon changes every other day to be sure I don't have any big spikes....thinking after the change today I'll go to weekly changes. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393358239.471122.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393358254.421706.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393358267.494834.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393358283.491187.jpg

What fish would you guys recommend? Will be a bout 2 weeks before I add a fish, I'm just unsure of what to have!

I had thought fire fish and yellow clown goby...... Would they be compatible? I have heard they weren't since both were gobies.....

I would think u would be better off than me honestly!! I'm hoping that I can get a naked clown, but not sure..... I would just stick to occelaris clowns, and not the maroons, perculas, etc as they get a lot bigger

Back
Top Bottom