Scott's 16G Nuvo Reef w/ DIY LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's how it was sold to me but it's very faint coloring so we will see if it darkens up at all under my lights. Some of my zoas look completely different than they did in person at the LFS. That cleaner is barely an inch big. Not like the ones you normally see so it's still deceiving! :). Coral is probably 4-5 inches across in that pic.

Whoops went out last night and didn't have time. Lights just came on so everything isn't opened yet. Also bought some orange creamsicle zoas but they forgot to give them to me! Canceling because I drove over an hour to the store...
Red monti
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402231610.788014.jpg
Button polyps and green striped mushroom
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402231636.158026.jpg
Miami hurricane chalice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402231676.223016.jpg
Yellow and green zoas
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402231703.181950.jpg
Red and green hairy shroom
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402231728.657107.jpg

Love the red dragonette there beautiful fish. I had a normal scooter but it passed away hopefully you have more success love the tank as well it's looking so full of corals now

Thanks guys! Next corals are going to be some fuzzy sticks and some zoas! Thats the plan anyway! LOL!

Daryl he eating frozen and I dropped in a bunch of live pods to help supplement my feedings. Seems to be doing great but only time will tell! :)

Starting a DIY ATO. All the parts...Hope to have it done tonight! Assuming I don't electrocute myself!
img_2971780_0_99a9cab742f13610112def49107fa402.jpg

Also, have a slight algae bloom starting that my CUC seems to be ignoring or cant keep up. I cut back my lights. All my water parameters are inline too. No changes have been made except a couple of coral additions a couple weeks ago.

img_2971780_1_e39bfa94369072953605c583a246bc94.jpg

I have also seen some growth already on my blue sympodium and I have a 3rd mouth on my hammer coral! Hopefully the change of light schedule fixes this algae.

Came home today and algae is a little worse and my plate Montis are bleached and half gone in a few hours. What could be causing this?!? Help!!

Well still having algae issues but seem to be slowly declining. I cut back light and did a few small water changes during the week and a 50% one today. Not really sure what is causing it though which is driving me crazy. All my water parameters are normal except my calcium is a little low @ 350. No reason why algae is going nuts though.

Anyway I just finished my diy ATO with on off switch and green LED to show when it's activated.

Back
Top Bottom