Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you all!

can't wait for the diatoms to go away.. and get a few more types of zoa's and something flowy and something for the top of the rocks and something for the sand bed and then i'll be done stocking and just watch everything grow.

scottayy said:
thank you all!

can't wait for the diatoms to go away.. and get a few more types of zoa's and something flowy and something for the top of the rocks and something for the sand bed and then i'll be done stocking and just watch everything grow.

What are you going to get for the sandbed?

Not criticizing at all just chiming in. You should watch your water really closely. I would think two fish in a tank that's got the water volume with rock in it of like 2.6g would get nasty quickly. I'm not saying it can't work because I'm sure it can but you may need to do two water changes a week. Also the feeding hole in the lid cover that thing up or you will have an 80$ fish leather. Because I had a chromis jump through mine and I know that. Fire fish is a jumper.

Love the tank so far you should get a torch for the sand bed or something like that.

Hey Clever, thanks for the heads up.

I know. I feel really badly for putting the two fish in there. It's just such a new tank in my work space and I really wanted some action in there.

No excuse, I know. Once I get used to it I'm going to rehome the firefish. Even an experienced fish keeper can give in to desire and greed sometimes. :(

On another note I just fed some mysis and everything loves it! Even the candy cane grabbed a piece. Everything is healthy and active.

2 nitrates, 0 phosphates thus far.

EDIT| Also I replaced the stock lid with eggcrate. This allows for evaporation while still providing a pretty good lid. The clown goby won't fit through the holes so he's staying in there. The firefish could if he jumps straight up but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Also got a new fan to sit beside the tank instead of the ugly one on it.

Maybe later on you could trade the fire fish for a new coral. :)

I'd have a fire clown in my tank if I could. Just until it grew bigger... But alas, they didn't have one at the LFS. Now I'm fighting off my urge for a rainsfords goby.

I hope the new fan keeps your temps down! :)

Im thinking of getting a brain or acan or something for the sand bed.

Not very long at all. An open brain can open up and get big but the tentacles aren't long. Something like favites have really short tentacles. The long flowy stuff I will worry about more but I'll probably put that along the top/back wall.

scottayy said:
Not very long at all. An open brain can open up and get big but the tentacles aren't long. Something like favites have really short tentacles. The long flowy stuff I will worry about more but I'll probably put that along the top/back wall.

I want a worm brain for my sand bed. Long float stuff is cool. Coral frag guy doesn't have Duncan's so I'm glad I had petco order me in one.

You've inspired me to take the 5g tank i've had sitting empty in the other room and set it up on my desk.

Bought a 24 pack of water. Gonna save the bottles and fill them up with RO/DI and keep them close to the tank for easy topoffs.

It's gotta be extremely handy! Maybe fill a few with saltwater? 1 bottle of water is about a 10% WC right? Haha

Installed my grounding probe:
img_2153280_0_ddd01d13013f447abffc38f0ac065152.jpg

Went from 25.1 VAC stray voltage to 1.67 VAC. Actual current has always been 0.00.

Back
Top Bottom