Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottayy said:
Maybe not.. I just read reviews on it (probably should've done that before I bought it!!). A lot of people are saying the LEDs go out quickly. Maybe I'll be a lucky one and have no problems.

Not too early to cancel the order!

Sure you'll be a lucky one though... :hide:

I like it too much to cancel the order lol.. does that sound weird? If it malfunctions or breaks I'll just return it. I'll have to check out their return policy.

On another note these fit into standard light sockets. Might make a cool lamp light. Or I can trick my mother into thinking it's a weird light bulb with a remote control that points light straight up at the ceiling.

Wow, I gotta hand it to Aqueon customer service!! They sent me out a free light that i inquired about buying (before I knew the specs) because of the troubles I had with the tank. I declined the light, but they shipped it before I even could decline it! I'm sure I'll find some use for it!!

Amazing service. Definitely not used to that level of costumer satisfaction. They may have just kept me as a customer in the future.

scottayy said:
Wow, I gotta hand it to Aqueon customer service!! They sent me out a free light that i inquired about buying (before I knew the specs) because of the troubles I had with the tank. I declined the light, but they shipped it before I even could decline it! I'm sure I'll find some use for it!!

Amazing service. Definitely not used to that level of costumer satisfaction. They may have just kept me as a customer in the future.

Wow! Might just have to order something from them

Cant wait to see this tank finished scottayy!! :p

Ps, just got my first nem today and any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated :)

Cant wait to see this tank finished scottayy!! :p

Ps, just got my first nem today and any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks I can't wait either. But is a tank ever truly finished? :p In a progression note, my water is basically crystal clear now.

My advice would be watch the powerheads. It's going to move. Just try to keep it away from corals and hope for good luck until it finds a settling spot. Also hope it doesn't crawl up the siphon tube if you have one (had to return a condy anemone and sea cucumber after they kept doing that!).

What kind did you get?

Here's a picture of it with the water cleared up. After I'm cycled that big rock and mesh bag are coming out.

Acrylic is so beautiful when it's brand new. I wish my phone would do the picture justice. Gonna have to take a picture on my mother's camera sometime it's a lot better at showing real colors.

img_2115864_0_ec02efa959bd27b7d112f899e6af4957.jpg

scottayy said:
Thanks I can't wait either. But is a tank ever truly finished? :p In a progression note, my water is basically crystal clear now.

My advice would be watch the powerheads. It's going to move. Just try to keep it away from corals and hope for good luck until it finds a settling spot. Also hope it doesn't crawl up the siphon tube if you have one (had to return a condy anemone and sea cucumber after they kept doing that!).

What kind did you get?

Lol ya i think the best part of having a tank is filling it with fish and coral... Maybe getting one every other week or something to keep you excited about the project. I will never understand why people buy all of their fish or coral within the first week.... :eek:

My nem picked the worst dang spot! Cant see him at all! An he is hidden from the light. I hope he moves..... Its a really bright GBTA. :)

Yeah if he's hidden from the light he'll come back out. Did you get a pic before he disappeared?

Yeah, i posted a few on my thread but here is another :p the rocks he is next to are huge :eek:

Darn thing better move, i liked the spot that i placed him in! Lol

Attachments

• image-3710400460.jpg
    image-3710400460.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 167
Im resisting the urge to test my water parameters. I know it's not even close. Why torture myself?

scottayy said:
Im resisting the urge to test my water parameters. I know it's not even close. Why torture myself?

Omg... Just do it. You know you want to, and we all want to see the results.

Seriously- if I want to do something to my tank and try to resist the urge I just sit there all tense and fidgety looking at the tank until I go do what I want to do.

Nope not gonna do it! Not gonna give in to peer pressure!!
I'll test in one week. Oh, jk, I won't be able to wait THAT long.

Back
Top Bottom